ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    misanthrope

Last and First '04/'05?

Hey, what were the last images you took in 2004 and what are the first images you took in this new year?
    I would love to post my last shots but I'm flat broke from Christmas and I can't get the roll developed until later this week. But I can say that it was a series of documentary-type pics for my brother. He is moving and had covered the walls in his bedroom with posters and magazine pics of surfing. So I took some pics of the walls before he took it all down. I haven't shot any yet this year because I've been working and nursing a hangover at the same time. But I promise to take a few as soon as the little guy in my head quits doing demolition with a sledgehammer...
    Post away!
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

Ranter and raver.

Re: Last and First '04/'05?

I guess I will throw the B&W rolls that chronicle the real close of 2004 (New Years Eve night!) in some chems later, but here is the last of the digitals from yesterdays' hike. It pretty much exemplifies what 2004 was about for me - learning through bad photos! The lighting was bad, the trees bare except for gross ol' Paradise Trees/Weeds, and my composition was limited by the fact that I did not brink my tripod (it wasn't suppose to really be a photo expedition) and was using a very lightweight camera bag to set the camera on. But I have already marked my calendar for a (early) morning in March when the wild flowers will be in bloom and I will trek out with tripod and extra lenses in tow. If I learned anything this year, it was patience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last and First '04/'05?-lastshot2004.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman
    Post away!
    Happy New Year Outdoorsman. Here's my last shot from 12/31/04.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last and First '04/'05?-008.jpg  

Not nearly as impressive as the ones above... This is "pointandshootography," as Rick termed it... But here are my last and first. - Yaron
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    <b>The conservative, rightist politician's nightmare:</b> "As to Taxes, they are evidently inseparable from Government. It is impossible without them to pay the debts of the nation, to protect it from foreign danger, or to secure individuals from lawless violence and rapine." - Hamilton to the Electors of the State of New York on Taxes, 1801

Good Idea

My actual last photo from 2004 was crap. But I posted a couple of New Year's Eve party images that I liked, in another thread. This photo is my actual first of 2005. Technically it's not so great. It needed a lot of Photoshop adjustment. But it's of my best buddy and I like it in spite of it's imperfections - just like he appreciates me in spite of mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last and First '04/'05?-crw_7636.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Good Idea

First, exactly what you asked for:

#1 at 23:59:43
    #2 at 00:00:36

Secondly, pictures that I actually like:

#3 at 23:55:17
    #4 at 00:17:01

Blodwyn (dog) in #4 has been seriousky ill with 24 hour nursing by Jilly. An abandoned god given only hours to live when she was first found in a ditch, Blod is a beautifully natured Whippet/Staffordshire cross. She's now totally deaf (was partially last year) and semms able to lip-read instructions fform Jilly & Steve.
    We hope to see her next New Year, but this is from a set of photos that a tearful owner begged me to take for memories of Blodwyn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last and First '04/'05?-s_mg_0136.jpg   Last and First '04/'05?-s_mg_0137.jpg   Last and First '04/'05?-s_mg_0134.jpg   Last and First '04/'05?-s_mg_0169adj.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Liz

Great idea!

Believe it or not, I haven't pushed the shutter button in 2005 yet! Here are the last 2 I managed to get in 2004 - last week.

No. I is my sweet Molly. I adopted her the week before Christmas in 2003 from a shelter

No. 2 is her friend Jeremy Sue (named in honor of Johnny Cash - his song "A Boy Named Sue." I adopted Jeremy 2 months ago so Molly would have a friend because she gets lonely when I'm out.

I'll post my first in 2005 by the end of the week!

Liz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last and First '04/'05?-mollyw.jpg   Last and First '04/'05?-jeremyw.jpg  

Liz

Re: Good Idea

I like your best Buddy! Did you post a picture of him last year some time? What's his name? How old is he? He's so cute...

I really enjoy my cats so I know what you mean.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    My actual last photo from 2004 was crap. But I posted a couple of New Year's Eve party images that I liked, in another thread. This photo is my actual first of 2005. Technically it's not so great. It needed a lot of Photoshop adjustment. But it's of my best buddy and I like it in spite of it's imperfections - just like he appreciates me in spite of mine

Here are my last and first shots of the past year/current year, respectively. The first shot is of the Breakwater Cove, Monterey as we got something to eat before checking into our hotel.

The second, is a stream on a backroad in between Monterey and Carmel. I had to drive through mud and a small river to get to it. We were just exploring, and we ran into it. I haven't gone through all of the slides, but this was the first of the batch.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Liz

Smile Hey Loren!

It's great to see you around. I haven't been around much, but am trying to get more involved again. I have an extremely hectic schedule around Christmas. Before that, aol was giving me major problems to the point that I couldn't get on the internet. Then it took Verizon a few weeks to get DSL set up. But - here I am! Still busy, but functioning.

These photos are beautiful as your's always are. Loren, I hope you have a Happy and Healthy - and prosperous New Year 2005.

Liz

Re: Hey Loren!

Hi Liz and a happy new years to you.

I'm glad that you are able to get online and that your pesky DSL problems are fixed.

Thank you for saying hello and I wish you the very best for the upcoming year.

I'm glad that 2004 is over and looking forward to starting this year with a deeper effort on my photography while keeping my Citigroup job for the moment.

Have a great evening
    Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Lionheart's Last of 2004 Post

Since some of us also posted in Lionheart's "Last image of 2004 for me" post, I thought it would be nice to include a link for that thread in this discussion. I like keeping all the related stuff together, if possible

Last image of 2004 for me.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information