ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Boy is My Face Red....

And is my heart ever pounding! I just got an offer on my D30 for $1000.00!!! I about soiled myself in my seat. But alas the guy thought that it was a "30D" as in a step up from the 20D. I don't know how he got that idea, but it just goes to prove the old adage, cuz man that one was way to good to be true.

Just incase anyone is interested, this is the link to my auction:

D30 on ebay.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Re: Boy is My Face Red....

...and the other one: caveat emptor!

People do crazy things on ebay - pay more for something used than they could get it for new, for example. I really don't mind this if I'm the seller though.

Re: Boy is My Face Red....

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    People do crazy things on ebay - pay more for something used than they could get it for new, for example. I really don't mind this if I'm the seller though.
    Neither do I, selling something for more then retail price is always a bonus

Classifieds

Almo-
    Please use the classifieds here, too. A basic ad is free. And the more we use them, the better they'll work. I know ebay is the biggest market for used camera equipment. But if we all use and support the PhotographyREVIEW.com classifieds, they will get better. And they'll always cost less than ebay.

Did the guy who thought your camera was a 30D want to pay with a cashier's check or money order? Everyone who's selling online should look out for this scam. They'll appeal to your greed and offer you more than your asking. I can't remember what the excuse is. But the cashier's check or money order will be fake. I only accept cash or PayPal now. Or if someone insisted on a cashier's check or money order, I wouldn't ship until I successfully cashed it.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Almo-

Did the guy who thought your camera was a 30D want to pay with a cashier's check or money order? Everyone who's selling online should look out for this scam. They'll appeal to your greed and offer you more than your asking. I can't remember what the excuse is. But the cashier's check or money order will be fake. I only accept cash or PayPal now. Or if someone insisted on a cashier's check or money order, I wouldn't ship until I successfully cashed it.
    I don't know how he woulda payed. He changed his mind when he realized that it was a d30 and not a 30d.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Thread Information