Do you have permission to reproduce it?
  • 09-01-2009, 05:52 PM
    jetrim
    Re: Amazing Space shuttle pic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave6223
    Did you not take this photograph?

Do you have permission to reproduce it?

Personally, I think proper credit is given as the image is a link from the photographer's imageshack account which does have an active "share" button, so one could reasonably expect the photog doesn't mind folks sharing it with others. Though it's generally not a good practice to post the work of others, I personally don't see the harm in this case.
  • 09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
    Frog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jetrim
    Personally, I think proper credit is given as the image is a link from the photographer's imageshack account which does have an active "share" button, so one could reasonably expect the photog doesn't mind folks sharing it with others. Though it's generally not a good practice to post the work of others, I personally don't see the harm in this case.

Me either in this case but we do need to be careful.
    It is a great shot.
  • 09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
    GB1
    Great shot. Sort of a strange arc on it, like it is not making orbit :o But I guess all was OK.

Concerning the repost, I think they'd have to be really touchy, seeing how you listed the reference and link, but we do need to be careful nonetheless.. A lot of photographers on this site do not even want anyone touching their posts, so I could see a biz objecting too (!)

G
  • 09-02-2009, 04:50 PM
    splats
    At first I didn't have an issue , because he did give the AFP credit , how ever after clicking on his link, the picture has a water mark to prevent just this sort of thing from happening, the one he posted does not .