ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

AHHHHH! Spent over $600 at B&H

and bought portable studio lighting equipment - I have to assemble this stuff and well, i can't figure out their damned directions! I also bought the $60 boom for my reflector and I know it bends, but I can't figure out how to bend it now. oy.
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Re: AHHHHH! Spent over $600 at B&H

Ah, I wish I had $600! I recently bought three graduate filters for $35 dollars, and there getting shipped sometime this week! Yay for new gear

Quote Originally Posted by Janie
    and bought portable studio lighting equipment - I have to assemble this stuff and well, i can't figure out their damned directions! I also bought the $60 boom for my reflector and I know it bends, but I can't figure out how to bend it now. oy.
    Well, here is what I bought, Lowel 2 tota-light kit w/o case
    impact multi boom lightstand & reflector hl
    photoflex transpack bag outbound (for my big manofrotto tripod & head) and all equipment
    3 gb end lamps
    lowel tota fram gels
    bogen sample pack filters
    lastolite ezybalance 12" gray/white reflect

I got it together finally, pic attached! ;-) It was actually easy to do, just that everything was tight because it's new so I needed help loosening things up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AHHHHH!  Spent over 0 at B&H-equipment.jpg  

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

0o0o0 Fancy! Very impressive set-up Janie!

Liz

Talking Ah yes! B&H loves our money!

Congratulations - looks like soooooooo much fun. I know how it feels trying to figure out the "directions" but just think how happy that playground will make you once it's put together. ;) I can't wait to see your pictures.

B&H got $900 out of me for my XT. Of course, they didn't force me!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by jar_e
    0o0o0 Fancy! Very impressive set-up Janie!
    ah, thats a very bad angle - I actually have 4 backgrounds in that room, depending on which way you turn, it's pretty neat if you were standing in it! I do wish the ceiling was higher though. I mostly do shoots on location, but when i'm playing with lighting, I do it all in there. I figure it's well worth the money since i'm shooting a bunch of business portraits this week, so that should pay for it all right there. And if this other gig goes through with the luxury real estate company's photography, this will all come in really handy - I bought it to do double duty and I can add to it as I go. Funny, I actually wanted to just buy one softbox and came home with all of this! lol Eddie was nice and bought it for me - i'll be paying him back next week. ;-)

Member:

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Nice, very nice. Yeah I could blow a whole lot of money at a camera shop. Or a computer shop...
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

drg

Will look forward to seeing some portraits soon!

-CDP dr g

Talking Re: AHHHHH! Spent over $600 at B&H

Congratulations Janie!

It's always exciting gettting new gear!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information