ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 50mm Walk About

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: 50mm Walk About

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Liz

I think this thread deserves a rerun. Quite a few people ask about the 50mm lens. I think linking them here gives them the best idea what 50mm looks like.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I think this thread deserves a rerun. Quite a few people ask about the 50mm lens. I think linking them here gives them the best idea what 50mm looks like.

Liz

This is a great example of a 50mm lens shot Liz. It is such a versatile lens. Here are a couple more examples from a parade this Saturday in my little home town.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 50mm Walk About-dsc_5362-2-640.jpg   50mm Walk About-dsc_5328-2-640.jpg   50mm Walk About-dsc_5462-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

OT,

These are wonderful "home town" shots. I used to be a small home town gal myself (I still am in my heart). I miss the peace and quiet, friendliness and simplicity to be honest. You have some beautiful people there!

Your photos are a nice reminder to anticipate the coming Memorial Day weekend.......and think about all the nice photo ops there will be - everywhere!

Liz

OT,

These are wonderful "home town" shots. I used to be a small home town gal myself (I still am in my heart). I miss the peace and quiet, friendliness and simplicity to be honest. You have some beautiful people there!

Your photos are a nice reminder to anticipate the coming Memorial Day weekend.......and think about all the nice photo ops there will be - everywhere!

Liz

Thanks Liz. In a small town we have a parade for everything. This one was to honor a local Army Reserve unit just retuning from Iraq. I have several more pics and may do a thread on it.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

Thanks Liz. In a small town we have a parade for everything. This one was to honor a local Army Reserve unit just retuning from Iraq. I have several more pics and may do a thread on it.
    Wonderful idea to kick off Memorial Day weekend.

Liz

Thought id wake up this thread. I should be getting my 50mm in a couple days. Ill be posting pics.
    Olympus Evolt E-420,
    Zuiko 14-42mm F3.5/5.6
    Zuiko 40-150mm F4/5.6
    Zuiko 50mm F/1.8
    Vivitar 75-300mm F4/5.6
    Promaster Spectrum 7 2x teleconverter
    I <3 Bokeh

n8

I've got to wonder if the 35mm shouldn't get it's place in here as it's kind of the new "normal" for those of us with apc cameras.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by n8
    I've got to wonder if the 35mm shouldn't get it's place in here as it's kind of the new "normal" for those of us with apc cameras.
    Hmmmm.....good idea about having a 35mm thread! Maybe you would begin one? I no longer have the 35mm.

Liz

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by mEasy27
    Thought id wake up this thread. I should be getting my 50mm in a couple days. Ill be posting pics.
    Great idea! I just love this thread. It gives me the motivation to get out my 50mm/f2 Oly which I haven't used in a while. :thumbsup:

Liz

You guys are really digging to come up with this thread. One of the things I like about my 50mm is it's acting like a 50mm again now that I have the D700 full frame camera. the image that I had posted in this thread were all with the D200 with the APS sensor.

Nikon Samurai #13

15.Raining febreeze

Tate2

n8

Nice ones Tony!
    Welcome to the forum!
    mostly Nikon gear

n8

Hmmmm.....good idea about having a 35mm thread! Maybe you would begin one? I no longer have the 35mm.

Liz

Well, I suppose perhaps the 50mm thread could just be a more inclusive "normal" lens thread.
    mostly Nikon gear

Cheers n8, the 50 is probably my favourite lens, so versatile and i love these 50mm threads, they are very inspiring.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by n8
    Well, I suppose perhaps the 50mm thread could just be a more inclusive "normal" lens thread.
    I think we discussed that in one of our 50mm threads and decided to just leave the 50mm at 50mm - in the beginning it was only the 50mm/f1.8, but now we post any 50mm lens.

I think a 35mm thread would also bring in a lot of posts because it too is quite popular.

Liz

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information