ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 3K POST! You as a Photographer

Wonderful Alison!!! These are the kind of images I was after. Thanks for playing along. That shot of Jenny is very special.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

It's hurricane season... again...

Nice shot, OT! Now you have me hunting for the only pic that I'm aware of, and it's of me the night I received my first SLR. (age 13) I've called my mom and she is hunting for it.

In the meantime, I thought I'd better save some pics of my budding photographer- this is my 12 year old on a photo trip we took a few months ago. (She's using my Digital Rebel with the macro lens )

Thanks for this great idea OT! (Sticky anyone?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3K POST! You as a Photographer-haleywithcamera.jpg   3K POST! You as a Photographer-haleywithcamera2.jpg  
    Kristin
    Canon Bird Nerd #2

Great I love to see kids with serious cameras in their hands. I always gave mine one of my 35mms and said fire away. They all have cameras of their own today but don't use them nearly enough for me.

Can't wait to see a 13 year old Kristin with a camera. Hope your Mom comes up with it. In our house looking for a particular photo can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. We have 1000's of prints and slides around and very few are cataloged. Good luck to her.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Check out our D300 Pro Review! deckcadet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Great I love to see kids with serious cameras in their hands. I always gave mine one of my 35mms and said fire away. They all have cameras of their own today but don't use them nearly enough for me.
    I promise I use mine plenty! (my d200 is up to 17,000 since mid-december, D70 up to 24,000 after a year of being my only camera). I'll get up that pic of me with my Serious camera shortly. I think the D2HS+200VR should be imposing enough

I'd sticky this, only they don't let me do that stuff in this section.

(....yet...:devil::aureola: )
    Harrison
    Nikon Forum / Digital SLR Forum Moderator | moderator bio
    Check out our new Nikon D300 Pro Review D3 review coming soon...
    Nikon Samurai #9 | NPS Member
    10 Lenses • 5 Bodies • 3 Macs • 1 Sore Back

Liz, it has been a while since I have dropped by but all you folks without scanners can go to Wal-Mart in their photo section and make any picture digital in a few minutes. So Liz as far as a scanner you say you have Nun, LOL Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    So, Paul, how would you get it posted here? I have some photos I'd love to post (prints), but don't have a scanner either.

Liz
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

This is the earliest one of me that I've found. It was on a day long photo trip to the beach since a big storm was coming in. We were outside for about 10 mins, got completely soaked, so we went to the parking lot (Which is right next to the beach) and turned the car so the rain fell on one side, while we rolled the windows down and shot out of the other windows, staying nice and dry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3K POST! You as a Photographer-2005-08-05-055.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    Liz, it has been a while since I have dropped by but all you folks without scanners can go to Wal-Mart in their photo section and make any picture digital in a few minutes. So Liz as far as a scanner you say you have Nun, LOL Jeff
    Well, not having a WalMart here in the UK, I'm either going to have to buy one (don't tell Angie) or try to take digital copy shots of the photos.
    Lighting, keeping the photo flat, and stopping reflection from the glossy print is a challenge.
    At least I have a tripod with a horizontal arm option so I can get the camera securely pounted pointing down at the poto on the desk...
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by kkraczek
    Nice shot, OT! Now you have me hunting for the only pic that I'm aware of, and it's of me the night I received my first SLR. (age 13) I've called my mom and she is hunting for it.

In the meantime, I thought I'd better save some pics of my budding photographer- this is my 12 year old on a photo trip we took a few months ago. (She's using my Digital Rebel with the macro lens )

Thanks for this great idea OT! (Sticky anyone?)
    Strong Family resemblance!
    ----------------------------

My kids are the same OT, but I'm often gratified when they say' Look at that Dad, I like the way... whatever" or when they describe things they've seen because they've developed the kind of eye we have. I'll bet sometime during their lives they get some enjoyment from a camera.
    ----------------------------

I sure hope so. My oldest and youngest have been getting a kick out of taking pictures of Jack the last 14 months or so. They both have Canon P&S's. And my son David came back from Africa with some pretty good animal shots last January. I had loaned him my 80-300, to strap on the N80 we bought him for his college garduation, which helped.

Nikon Samurai #13

You MUST get some pictures of them taking pictures then Chunk and OT. They will love to look back on them.

You MUST get some pictures of them taking pictures then Chunk and OT. They will love to look back on them.

Oops don't know what happened there, it posted twice!

I have a few I'll dig them up.

Nikon Samurai #13

I have a few I'll dig them up.

Here are a couple I found of Sarahas a photographer. In the first she is recording Jack's first bath and in the second she is trying out her new camera at Christmas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3K POST! You as a Photographer-dsc_8392-2-640.jpg  
    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-16-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Nikon Samurai #13

Maybe the second will load here. (?) Nope! Well let's try one of big sis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3K POST! You as a Photographer-dsc_3249-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Just can't believe you guys don't have any pics of yourselves as photographers. How about some of the other ideas or pictues you have of other photographers from years gone by. If you don't post some I'll be forces to post more of myself, and I know no one wants to go through that.

Nikon Samurai #13

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

A large group of photographers, I'm up in the front on the olive drab jacket, blue jeans, and brown boots. This was taken attop a slide at an abandoned water park in Jordan Ontaro, early in June
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about. Thanks for the post Axle.

Nikon Samurai #13

OK, I don't have anything of me, but I do have the first two photos that really got me excited about photography.

these are black and white film, printed at Target, scanned on a prehistoric flatbed. I was so proud of these.....
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

On the prints, her cheek isn't blown out, and the contrast isn't so horrid on the second. I think I did these in Microsoft Picture It so I could email them to all our family
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

These are great substitutes for pictures of the phototographer herself. Some of those early successes are so important to us and our development as photographers. Thanks for sharing these successes with us Adina. I can sure see why they spured you on. Beautiful!
    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-19-2006 at 06:57 PM.

Nikon Samurai #13

We went to our girl's Sport's Day today. And who should I capture in the bg taking pictures? My hubby
    I managed to get quite the family portrait in this shot.

On your left you will see Jenny and Lisa (both wearing white hats), watching Danielle kicking the ball.
    Look over to the right of the image and you will see my hubby in a grey t-shirt, taking pictures and capturing movies, with our little sony cybershot and my two little babies in the buggy beside him.
    Last edited by Alison; 02-25-2007 at 05:23 PM.

Nice going Alison. You not only got he hubby but you got a big part of the family as well.

Nikon Samurai #13

Joy and I did a lot of photography together for several years. We would attend photo-weekends sponsored by a Louisville newpaper in the 70's and the early 80's. These aren't great because I just did some very quick dirty flatbed scans on some old Kodacolor 3 1/2 x 5's. But here are few of Joy my wife of the last 34 years as a photographer. Please don't tell her I posted these. Oh she is going to kill me for that last one. We were at a lake and the wind was really blowing hard and she borrowed a hat from a friend. Oh well maybe I'll survive this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3K POST! You as a Photographer-epson004-2-640.jpg   3K POST! You as a Photographer-epson005-2-630.jpg   3K POST! You as a Photographer-epson007-2-640.jpg  
    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-19-2006 at 07:00 PM.

Nikon Samurai #13

This was taken of me by someone with a disposable camera a couple of months ago. I'm not the one in the mascot costume. I'm the one in the shade, which is the way I prefer it. And no---I didn't teach him everything I don't know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information