• 05-26-2006, 07:38 AM
    walterick
    Re: 24 hours of Photographyreview - World Photo Day June 1
    Awesome. The more contributors we have, the better the project!
  • 05-26-2006, 07:53 AM
    another view
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    I want to see kayaks

I gotta do what I gotta do. :)

Just to clarify, we're doing this as 6/1/06 by local time, right? I think WPD does it by 6/1/06 g.m.t. but local time makes life easier.
  • 05-26-2006, 08:07 AM
    walterick
    Yes, thanks Steve that's midnight LOCAL TIME.

Ken also brought it to my attention that I might want to post the thread for pictures earlier than midnight so that folks on the east coast and other parts of the world can get their pictures in as they shoot them.

Let's see that Kayak! :D
  • 05-31-2006, 07:22 AM
    walterick
    Don't forget! Tomorrow's the day!

Attention all photographyreview.com denizens! Tomorrow is the day we take our cameras to work, to play, to home, and in the car, and photograph 24 hours or photographyreview! I'm going to unsticky this thread later today and make a new thread for all the photos.

Once again, the rules are:
    Photograph your world between 12am Thursday morning and 12am Friday morning, your time. That's it. Let's see what a varied number of lives we can see up here. If people would like to travel or go to a special spot to show us what was going on in your land or town that day, all the better! The more people, states and countries that participate the grander the project will be.

If you wish to post your photos chronologically, as the day progresses, I will have 4 time slots you can put your pictures in. Or, if you want to create your own series or post as normal, just hit reply like you normally do!

The focus of this project is to examine and celebrate the diversity of our members by creating a photographic "slice of life" of the same 24 hour period all across the world. If you are able to post shots that are particular to your area or aspect of life, I think that would add even more flavor to our project. But whatever you have, let's see it!

I will post the pictures thread later this evening, for those who are in earlier time zones than me. Who will be the first to post a shot?

Looking forward to your contributions.
    Rick
  • 05-31-2006, 04:17 PM
    mjs1973
    Thanks for the reminder Rick! I had forgotten all about it. Don't for get about the World Photo day project too.
  • 05-31-2006, 05:36 PM
    walterick
    That's right! Don't forget World Photo Day tomorrow too!

I actually forgot about it too Michael :D It struck me today that I better get the photo thread started! I unstickied this thread and stuck the photos thread at the top. Everyone feel free to comment or ask questions about the 24 hours project here!

Everyone's invited!
  • 06-01-2006, 07:35 PM
    ken1953
    Rick, this may be a bit tardy asking, but, are we supposed to post all of our pictures today, or can we take a day or 2 to get them posted. I did a 3 hour walk today and shot over 700 photos and am exhausted. I have picked out most of the ones I want to post, but I am still trying to weed some out and take a second look at some others. So, if I have to post them all tonight, I'll probably have to post my obituary tomorrow!!!! hehe...
    Thanks,
    Ken
  • 06-01-2006, 07:42 PM
    walterick
    Ken, no worries. Take your time :) The only criterion is that they are shot before midnight, you can post them whenever you want.

But now you've got us all curious...

Thanks for playing!
  • 06-01-2006, 08:35 PM
    walterick
    I'm gonna go ahead and lock this baby up. Let's move the 24 discussion into <A href="http://forums.photographyreview.com/showthread.php?t=21557">this thread</a> from here on out.

It's been a very successful day! Thanks to everyone who did, and WILL play along! :)