ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

2012 Camera of the Year - Time To Vote

It's time to vote for the 2012 Camera of the Year. I put the poll up just before Christmas and today I published a story to promote the poll, including links to articles / reviews on the nine cameras listed. Please share the article and poll with all your photographer friends. The more votes the better - volume equals accuracy with a poll.

2012 Camera of the Year Community Choice Poll >>

Note: this poll is for the community choice. I will be choosing the official PhotographyREVIEW.com Camera of the Year. On the other hand, I'm watching the poll and I am interested in what the community thinks.

Thanks in advance for your votes and helping spread the word about the poll!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: 2012 Camera of the Year - Time To Vote

Bump - if you haven't voted yet, please vote now. The Olympus OM-D is crushing the competition with the D800 in second place. You don't have to own one of the cameras to vote - you just need to have an opinion about what camera was the most significant introduction in 2012. And if you don't know a thing about the new cameras - the article linked above has links to articles and reviews about all the cameras on the poll.
    Photo-John

It's funny how Olympus almost self destructed and came out swinging. I am proud for them.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    It's funny how Olympus almost self destructed and came out swinging. I am proud for them.
    I agree. And now's the time for them to really hit the throttle to pull ahead.

I've been thinking about how former underdog camera companies, Sony, Fujifilm and Olympus, are leading the way right now. Don't get me wrong - Nikon and Canon are still making great cameras. But the real interesting stuff - the innovative design - is coming from Olympus, Fujifilm and Sony. I've been writing about the new Fujifilm camera introductions, the X20 and the X100S, for the past couple of days. They're really exciting to me. Same goes for Sony's recent prosumer and high-end stuff. But other than the D4 and the EOS 1D X, I am just not that excited about most of the new Nikon and Canon gear.
    Photo-John

Thread Information