ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Finally got my D70

So.. after 24 days and 3 different orders placed, I received my long awaited D70 on Friday. And what happens after a work week of 70's and sunny everyday... I come down with a cold and the weather is overcast and stormy for my entire 3 day weekend! Well, at least I've got a good chunk of the manual read. This camera is quite a lot to handle when compared to the N65 I'm used to. But I'll figure it out. Here's a shot from my short excursion yesterday. It's the Wisconsin state capitol, which is about a 2 minute walk from my house. Did the best I could with the overcast skies. Hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally got my D70-capitol-reflection.jpg  

Bob,

I hope you enjoy the D70 as much as I enjoy mine. There is definitely a learning curve coming from a film SLR, it's really quite overwhelming at first. You know, when the D70 first came out, I wasn't gonna have the cash for it for about two weeks, so I thought it was gonna be forever before I got my hands on one.
    So then I get the available funds, call a local Wolf Camera on a whim, fulling expecting them to tell me to get on a waiting list. The guy says, "sure, we got a kit in stock right now, you want me to hold it for you?" I owned the damn thing 30 minutes later.
    I think I got really lucky..
    Enjoy the camera Bob!!
    Brian

Liz

Talking Congratulations!

That's a great choice from what I've seen around here ;)

Nice shot....btw. The good news is the fact that this is FUN learning. Just keep shooting - and keep posting those pics.

Liz

similar story

Hey Bob,
    I wasn't "scheduled" due to lack of finances to get my D70 till June and thru some unexpected resources...and two cancelled orders---and some seriouly mesed up interactions with some pretty ridiculous sales people...I got fustrated enough---my hubby said call Ritz camera ---they had sold their last kit and had ONE body left...ended up getting an 18-50mm that the dude said had come out recently and the rest is history.

Enjoy it, keep reading your manual, and keep reading your manual, and ...

Im starting to get it I think CONGRATULATIONS
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information