• 07-03-2008, 05:28 AM
    mjs1973
    101 Photosop tips in 5 minutes
    Deke is nuts!

www.deke.com

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h6flegTtolg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h6flegTtolg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  • 07-03-2008, 09:05 AM
    Wild Wassa
    Re: 101 Photosop tips in 5 minutes
    "Deke is nuts!" ... Deke looks like he is "just one step, from cutting off his ear."

A wonderful way of summing up the World's most awkward editing and imaging program. My 2 neurones are still spinning. I'll try to activate 100 billion sleeping neurones and get them to look at the vid as well.

I have Photoshop and I still haven't openned the program for longer than in total, 30 frustrating seconds x 2 lame attempts ... while I've continually enjoyed Arcsoft, ACDsee and Photomatix, which are all perfect for dummies.

I think that 'Deke' has just confirmed why I have not persued the industry leader in photo editing and imaging .. and why I've been so confused by it.

A wonderful vid, thanks for posting it mjs1973 ... and by the way Sir, ... WOW!!!!

How cool was that?

Warren.
  • 07-03-2008, 09:54 AM
    gahspidy
    Loved it. I especially like the bit on the sharpening tool "Do you want that?!!" Never use that!!"
    I agree.
    thanks for sharing this Mike.
  • 07-03-2008, 09:58 AM
    mjs1973
    Glad you enjoyed it. The sharpening tool was one of my favorites too!
  • 07-03-2008, 10:29 AM
    Wild Wassa
    "The sharpening tool ..."was" ... one of my favorites too!"

"WAS?" ... what changed?

Did you sell your Canon and buy a Lieca or a Nikon?

I have a Canon, in fact my last 3 cameras have been Canons, two of them with several quarts optics. I'm sure it says in the Canon camera instruction booklets ... "must use sharpening tool." If it doesn't, then it should.

My Nikons with glass lenses didn't ever say that, :D ... nore do Leica, Hasselblad or Linhoff.

Warren.

ps, How do I join Clan O'Canon? ... I need to put them straight.
  • 07-03-2008, 10:43 AM
    mjs1973
    I meant the tip about not using the sharpening tool in the video was one of my favorites. I don't think I have ever used the sharpening tool. I do sharpen all my images in PS, just not with that tool. I use either the Smart Sharpen filter, or I add a duplicate background layer to my image, and then run the High Pass filter (Filter > Other > High Pass) on that duplicate layer. I set the filter somewhere between 6-10, then change that layers blending mode to Overlay. :)

Nope, I have no desire to sell any of my Canons! Now buying a Leica... I wish I could afford one!

To join the Clan O'Canon, just grab the logo, and add it to your signature, or wherever you want to display it.
  • 07-03-2008, 11:00 AM
    Wild Wassa
    Cool ... so you do use the sharpening tool, depending on the layer though. That is why I like we Canon users, we are all honest ... but technically asailable.

I'd like to join Clan O'Canon ... but the others might not like me, I've stayed pure to Canon. My #1 program is Arcsoft, all day almost every day. Going to Photoshop would be sacriligeous. Maybe Clan O'Canon has become just a hybrid of Clan O'dobe.

I'm like a African American who calls his friends by that unmentional 'N' word ... or we Canon users by that unmentional 'P'shop' word.

How can a member of Clan O'Canon use Adobe Photoshop? Canon's Arcsoft is no Mickey Mouse program.

Warren.
  • 07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
    mjs1973
    If you want to "join" the Clan, just start using the logo. That's all there is to it. No secret handshake, no membership does, just a fun thing that was started a long time ago.

The sharpening tool that Deke was referring to on the video is like a sharpening brush that you can use from the tools pallet. All it does is makes a mess! It's not the same as using the sharpening filter.