• 06-15-2005, 10:23 AM
    Mathiau
    [HELP] Photography shops in Miami area?
    Hey everyone, how is it going?

I sold my canon rebel camera and am likely going to by a Canon D20 - in costa rica things are over priced and to order and ship it down would cost a nice chunk in customs and duty.

Does anyone know any reputible, and well stocked / supplied Camera stores in the Miami area?

it would only cost me about $200 to fly up for the day, maybe stay over night so another $50-$70 for a nice hotel, so i figure i can make a weekend of it...

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great, would be even better if the places had an online presense aswell :D

P.S - is the $600 more price tag on the D20 worth it over the XT ?
  • 06-15-2005, 10:55 AM
    Axle
    Re: [HELP] Photography shops in Miami area?
    Hey there! I just ran a google search for you (Since I live in Canada). Click the link below for the results!

http://www.google.ca/local?hl=en&lr=...nG=Search&sc=1

Hope this helps, but maybe a person who lives there could narrow the field down for ya.
  • 06-15-2005, 04:35 PM
    MJS
    Pittman Photo on S. Dixie Highway. You can reach them at 305-256-3558. We buy quite a lot of gear from them for the high school that I work at.

Good Luck.
  • 06-15-2005, 04:40 PM
    Mathiau
    Thanks Axle :D - i got lazy this time, that is usually the first thing i do but usualy get so over whelmed with results :)

Thanks MJS, will give them a ring :)
  • 06-15-2005, 06:36 PM
    MJS
    When are you coming into town? I'll be back in Miami on Friday, June 24. Send me an e-mail if you'll be around then an want to meet for lunch.
  • 06-16-2005, 06:51 PM
    Mathiau
    Thats real nice of you MJS, not sure when i am going - right now i am torn between the XT and the D20 - once i decide off i go! :D ontop of the price of the camera i am looking @ about $400US for a pane ticket and a 2 night stay in a hotel,fri / sat :D
  • 06-17-2005, 03:41 PM
    Mathiau
    MJS do u have MSN or yahoo or AOL messenger
  • 06-17-2005, 07:03 PM
    MJS
    No but you can private mesage me and I will return my cell phone number to you. Give me a call when you are in the area. I am currently in South Carolina for the next week with my son. He is participating in a golf camp at the U and we are both checking it out for a possible place for him to go once he is out of high school.