*kiss*

Printable View

• 02-24-2004, 07:16 PM
    walterick
    1 Attachment(s)
    *kiss*
    LOL
    Some pics from the National Zoo last weekend.
  • 02-24-2004, 07:24 PM
    walterick
    2 Attachment(s)
    A sweetie-pie
    I thought this was soo cute...

I love this picture, becauue 1) It's of a cutie-pie 2) I took it without looking :)
    The story is, we were looking at the tortoises and I noticed this little girl kinda staring, like little kids do. I smiled at her and crouched own next to the window. I looked over again a second later and there was something about her that was soo cute, I turned my 885 to the right, and withoug looking (all casual-like, Mom was right behind her) snapped a picture, all the while looking at the turtles. I didn't discover this until later that day what a grab shot I had!
  • 02-24-2004, 07:33 PM
    walterick
    1 Attachment(s)
    Just hangin out.
    :)

Thanks for lookin'
  • 02-25-2004, 05:51 AM
    Speed
    Most Definitely
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    I thought this was soo cute...

I love this picture, becauue 1) It's of a cutie-pie 2) I took it without looking :)
    The story is, we were looking at the tortoises and I noticed this little girl kinda staring, like little kids do. I smiled at her and crouched own next to the window. I looked over again a second later and there was something about her that was soo cute, I turned my 885 to the right, and withoug looking (all casual-like, Mom was right behind her) snapped a picture, all the while looking at the turtles. I didn't discover this until later that day what a grab shot I had!

A cutie pie! Great grab shot buddy! I love the expression of fascination on her face.
  • 02-25-2004, 05:54 AM
    Speed
    Just Hangin Out
    Quote:

Thanks for lookin'

Great shot! Colors, details, DOF, it's all there. And the snake looks like he's wondering what you're doing. Being a reptile, they don't show emotion, but this looks like something out of a disney movie, in that he looks like he's thinking, and almost smirking at you. Great shot buddy!
  • 02-25-2004, 07:14 AM
    paulnj
    Quote:

Thanks for lookin'

and a green tree boa i do believe from the heat vents, head shape and body mass :D

brings your score to a 4.6 total, but you still get 1 star because i'm a meany :rolleyes:

2 words.... why ratings????????

photography is for fun :cool:
  • 02-25-2004, 07:15 AM
    paulnj
    Quote:

LOL
    Some pics from the National Zoo last weekend.

\

cool gila dude!

you get a rating from me of 1 , just to be a big meany

but i think it's a 3.5 though
  • 02-25-2004, 09:34 PM
    walterick
    Because it's in our nature
    to categorize, compare, and otherwise "rank" one another.

At least, that's my official answer.

Hey, maybe we can make the ratings scale have *2* decimal places, and get even more retentive!

Yeah!

• 02-25-2004, 09:37 PM
    walterick
    sssssssssssssssomeone'sssssssssssss
    been watching sssssseriously too much Jungle Book. Ka, the sssssnake, right? :)

Thanks for the compliments, dude. Means a lot, as always :)

Rickster
  • 02-26-2004, 04:30 AM
    paulnj
    Quote:

to categorize, compare, and otherwise "rank" one another.

At least, that's my official answer.

Hey, maybe we can make the ratings scale have *2* decimal places, and get even more retentive!

Yeah!

well aren't we wise guys :)

personally, i'm hoping to get a "1" just to say i have :p

really though...

the boa was great and i think the gila was focused too far back... but who cares!!!

no such thing as a bad day of photography in my opinion!!!!!
  • 02-26-2004, 06:01 AM
    Speed
    "Trust In Me....."
    Quote:

been watching sssssseriously too much Jungle Book. Ka, the sssssnake, right? :)

Thanks for the compliments, dude. Means a lot, as always :)

Rickster

"Just in me,
    Close your eyes,
    And trust in me."

Too much Jungle Book? Me? :-)
    Actually Jungle Book was the first movie I ever remember seeing as a child!

Let's also not forget Sir Hiss from Disney's "Robin Hood". Don't want him to feel slighted. :-O
  • 02-26-2004, 09:43 PM
    walterick
    I agree about the Gila..
    (didn't even know that's what it was... LOL)

But it's my little handy-dandy DP&S Nikon 885 so I can't focus any closer. Not my usual style, but it works well to give a sense of "depth" there, I think.

I'll give you a "1" buddy. If it'll make your day :p

I have to say... I've had several bad days of photography :p I must be doing something wrong :D

Rick