• 04-06-2011, 06:54 AM
    wedding photographer
    Softbox for speedlite and profoto strobe???
    Hi!

I would like to get a medium portable softbox which I can use with my Canon flash and profoto strobe.

I have looked around. I like Photoflex Litedome and Wescott Apollo 28 a lot but the problem is that they only work with camera flashes but not with powerful strobes. At least that's what BH says on its website: "for camera flash only".

Do you know any softbox/octabox on which I can set up my camera flash and a profoto speed ring as well?

Thanks!
  • 04-06-2011, 08:45 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Re: Softbox for speedlite and profoto strobe???
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wedding photographer
    Do you know any softbox/octabox on which I can set up my camera flash and a profoto speed ring as well?

This is a tough one, as the two different types of lights are very different in size. The softboxes you mention are both fairly small and cheaply made. Based on customer reviews on B&H's site, the are godd at what they're intended for: small, easily portable and quick to set up and use. Most larger monolight softboxes are none of those things.

My advice would be to get a quality box for the larger pro flash, then figure out a way to jerry-rig the smaller camera flash to it when you need to...
  • 04-06-2011, 09:41 AM
    wedding photographer
    Re: Softbox for speedlite and profoto strobe???
    Thanks a lot!