Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

How do I make a small at home studio

I have a small space in the upstairs of my house. I have a couple of umbrella lights, not much more. Yes I am the consumate ameture. Here is the space I work withHow do I make a small at home studio-20150522_225915.jpgHow do I make a small at home studio-20150522_225937.jpg
    -Becky L.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Re: How do I make a small at home studio

Hi Becky. I'd need more info, and what exactly you want to know. "How do I make a small studio at home?" is kinda vague. If you list the room's dimensions, preferably with a diagram of the floor plan, it would be much easier to give advice about setting up a shooting space. The amount of area you're actually working with is really hard to tell from these photos.

Also, what type of photography do you like to shoot? And what type of lights do you have? Are there any windows that let in natural light? And will this room need to be used for other things, or will you be able to leave it as a studio?

In any event, this looks like enough room to set up for a lot of different types of shooting, especially head shots and more closeup portraits, as well as table top set ups.

Thanks, and good luck with it...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

The space looks big enough, you might have to remove some of the items out of the room. Are you using speedlights, strobes, continuous lights, etc? I use a combination of both, along with umbrellas and a white background (also a black background). Make sure you get you some sturdy light stands (preferably air cushioned ones) and some sand bags to act as a counter weight. If you have natural light coming into the room, you could use that or if you prefer not to use the natural light, I would recommend covering up the window so that light isn't coming into the room. I add a few things here and there as I get $$ to buy new stuff.
    Reginald D. Walton | GEAR | Smugmug

Hoo, it is really great, as I have planned to start in my home. It helps me Thank you Asylum steve.

I am so glad to hear about this home studio and I also want to make a small home studio. click to read more Can anyone have any suggestions? I need your help and I don't have any idea about this home studio. Can you please share some details about your home studio?

You might think that I don’t think about the future and so on, but my dream was to make a massage corner in my apartment, and I really don’t know how to do it, especially in a small studio apartment

To create a massage nook in a small studio room, you will need certain furniture and accessories.

Massage Table: Choose a compact massage table that can be easily folded up and stored away when not in use.

Chair: An armchair or stool can be used as a seat for the patient or for the massage therapist when not at the table.

Storage Shelf: To store oils, towels, and other massage accessories, you can use a small shelf or chest of drawers.

Lighting: Make sure there is enough light in the room to provide a pleasant atmosphere.

Décor: Add some decorative elements that create a relaxed atmosphere, such as plants, candles, etc.

Mirror: Place a mirror on the wall so the patient can check their position and make sure everything is going according to plan.

It seems to me that you are being a little shy, if you have a similar layout as the person who showed his studio apartment, then there are no problems at all, if you want a massage corner, I agree with the person below, review his selection points, but on my own I want to add a review this site, to understand what you need to buy on it and choose what suits you for the price and size, this is not a difficult main desire.

Thread Information