Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Lighting workshop

There is a really good wedding and studio photographer in Nashville which is really close to where I live. They have workshops that are 200-300. That is not cheap for me but I really admire their technique and their pictures look exactly like I want mine to look. I wanted to know if anyone on this forum has taken or knows someone who has taken the workshop. They are called gray photography. They have done workshops in fla and are in ca now. They charge a lot for a wedding. Like 4000 minimum. I will take the clas if I can get even a little closer to taking pictures like they do.

Re: Lighting workshop

I would write, or email them for a reference list. Of course, they are going to send you names that are happy with the workshop, but at least you might get some idea. you might be able to find some reviews somewhere on the internet.

Phil

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

I'm not familiar with that photographer, but the price is very resonable for a workshop but on by an established pro. To me, it's fairly simple: if the attendance at these events is good, you can be pretty sure that the information being passed along is good as well...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

200-300 is actually pretty cheap if they really know what they're doing.

They sold out last spring which is one reason it was out of the question. If that is a reasonable price I will go ahead and plan on signing up. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my money. I have never been to a workshop only non credit classes at my local college and they were dirt cheap. I will bite the bullet on this one and do a post when I find out what it's like.

Probably a bit late to this discussion, but 200-300 is not unreasonably high - I've spent this much on one day workshops that were worth more than the cost to attend here in FL. Also worth noting, 4000 is NOT a lot for a full service wedding photographer. I know many established pros that wouldn't touch a job for that little.

Thread Information