Building a studio

Printable View

• 09-06-2011, 08:08 PM
    jetrim
    5 Attachment(s)
    Building a studio
    Haven't been around much this past month as we've been building out our new studio, but thought it might be interesting to show a few progress shots. It ain't quite there yet, but it's getting close. We're shooting to have our grand opening on October 1st.

http://www.fashionfl.com/GoldCoast/i...ststudio-1.jpg

We signed the lease and took possession of the new space on August 3rd. After a couple of weeks of paperwork with the city, construction began in earnest. As of tonight the shooting floor has been painted, and we're down to just 100,000 +/- "loose ends" (signage, stereo system, organizing the storage room, installing the flat screens, small stuff :lol: )

The toughest part for me so far is that none of the other partners have any construction experience, so other than an occasional set of extra hands and some help with the painting, this phase has pretty much fallen on my shoulders, but luckily we're to a point where they can start pitching in a bit more :D
  • 09-07-2011, 05:56 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: Building a studio
    It's looking super! Can't wait to see some of the images you produce there. Good luck with the venture.
  • 09-07-2011, 06:04 AM
    Grandpaw
    Looks like you will have a very nice setup when you get it finished. I am also anxious to see some of your work from here, Jeff
  • 09-07-2011, 07:13 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Sweet! Always nice to have high ceilings... :D
  • 09-12-2011, 03:01 AM
    jetrim
    1 Attachment(s)
    Almost there now! Have 2 shoots scheduled for the next couple days so new images will be forthcoming shortly :cool:
  • 09-12-2011, 07:52 AM
    Old Timer
    It looks gorgeous. No doubt a ton of excellent images will come out of that great shooting environment.
  • 09-14-2011, 12:17 AM
    jetrim
    Hosted my first group shoot in the new studio tonight. Had a blast :D
    http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/phot..._55831642.jpeg
  • 09-15-2011, 08:37 AM
    GB1
    Looks good Jet. Must be a commitment to rent the space, sign the lease and make a go of it. There's a fellow who did something similar here in SD in a small industrial area and rents out the studio for a very reasonable price. I think yours is slightly wider.
  • 09-26-2011, 09:26 PM
    jetrim
    1 Attachment(s)
    Second big group shoot. 11 photogs and the model from hell. Luckily, nobody but one (a very experienced shooter) noticed how incredibly difficult she was being. For a paid gig, it got bad enough that my partner called the agency. But we overcame and everyone but us and the model went home happy, so I guess it was a success :skep:
  • 06-26-2019, 12:13 AM
    jogeshocp
    It looks outstanding. It was a really great experience for you.
  • 07-02-2019, 09:40 PM
    Bakagan
    I'm not so confident as to include my own photos among the "best" ever taken of NYC. So instead, I present to you the best wedding photographer in New York city - https://vladletophotography.com/elopement-new-york/ . He is even better then me x1000 times and all his pictures are art, he really deserves to be one of the best wedding photographers in the NY.
  • 03-21-2020, 12:00 AM
    ilamariya
    I also have a plan to build a small studio. Can anyone have any suggestions? Effect Of CBD I need your help and I don't have any idea about this studio making. Can you please share some details and pictures of your studios?
  • 03-28-2024, 01:54 AM
    samgood
    All this sounds like quite the project, especially doing most of the construction work yourself! It's cool to hear how much progress you've made, from painting the shooting floor to tackling those "100,000 +/- loose ends." If you run into any sealing or waterproofing issues, flex seal customer service could be super handy. They've got a bunch of products that might just make your life a bit easier. Looking forward to seeing your studio when it's all finished!