• 03-07-2011, 10:37 PM
    pixelrave
    Arny Freytag's Lighting Style!
    I recently attended a workshop on lighting techniques and one of the photographers there was Playboy Photographer Arny Freytag. The guy is absolutely a genius when it comes to
    lighting. Has anyone attended any workshops which were just as amazing as this?
  • 03-08-2011, 11:03 PM
    pixelrave
    Re: Arny Freytag's Lighting Style!
    This is his blog :

Here a rare look what’s really going on behind the scenes of a Playboy photographer. Some readers may even recognize this famous set that Arny build for one of his Centerfold shoots.

Not all the sets require this many lights (44 exactly) but if you wish to do a believable studio lighting shot of a sailboat with a model and your name is Arny Freytag… then you’re better be ready for 44 light set. Arny says, I like to shoot with available light … or every light available.

http://shootthecenterfold.com/?p=639
  • 03-11-2011, 05:01 AM
    jetrim
    He did a workshop here in FL a short time ago. I didn't go, but spoke with several that did. General consensus was that Arny uses that many lights because he can, not because they're always needed. At that workshop they did a girl against a door with 11 lights. Virtually everyone agreed that it could have been done with 6 and achieved the exact same look.
  • 03-11-2011, 11:16 PM
    pixelrave
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jetrim
    He did a workshop here in FL a short time ago. I didn't go, but spoke with several that did. General consensus was that Arny uses that many lights because he can, not because they're always needed. At that workshop they did a girl against a door with 11 lights. Virtually everyone agreed that it could have been done with 6 and achieved the exact same look.

Absolutely true, Arny uses that many lights because he can and if wants to not that they are always needed. Yeah the model was Playmate Kyra Milan, i think everyone has their own style of shooting and they use as many as they need. I liked the fact all photographers took time to show every aspect of lighting one on one.

Their next event is in Las Vegas, June 3-4, it's a two day event so i am hoping there will be lots of techniques to learn.
  • 03-30-2011, 08:09 PM
    pixelrave
  • 03-30-2011, 08:21 PM
    pixelrave
    She is absolutely gorgeous, i met her at the last event.

http://shootthecenterfold.com/wp-con...240&zc=1&q=100
  • 06-21-2011, 09:39 PM
    pixelrave
    Shoot The centerfold's next seminar is already announced....hope to see some of you there ..Shoot me a message.
  • 08-25-2011, 08:07 PM
    pixelrave