Photography Studio and Lighting Forum

Hosted by fabulous Florida-based professional fashion photographer, Asylum Steve, this forum is for discussing studio photography and anything related to lighting.

Any suggestions for....

Hey all,
    I need some suggestions for an inexspensive 2 strobe set with transmitter that can be stup quick and broken down quick. Also lightweight. I need to be able to setup shoot 8 portraits and breakdown in an hour or less. I will be going to different schools and have to hit 4-5 a day minimum.
    I may also end up using these strobes (since I have them anyway) for shooting other events such as sports.

Thanks,
    JS

Re: Any suggestions for....

JS,

I have had really good results with just two Canon strobes and the ST-E2 IR transmitter. Nothing more lightweight. Flashes on stands with 32 inch umbrellas. The only thing this would not work for would be sports. This worked well for pretty large wedding groups.

Try this:

http://pwgphoto.com/html/basketball.html
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Re: Any suggestions for....

Thanks Sebastian,
    I could use the two 580EX's for the project photos, I hadn't considered that as an option. The strobes for sports was an afterthought, figuring if I had them for the portraits I have to do, why not use them for other sports too.
    I will look more at the webpage link later tonight, has some good info there from the looks of it.
    Now off to get ready for tomorrow and Fridays indoor races.

Thanks again!

JS

Thread Information