Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Women's Basketball

Just a few from a resent game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Women's Basketball-dsc_4216-2-1.jpg   Women's Basketball-dsc_3992-2-1-8.jpg   Women's Basketball-dsc_0011-2-1.jpg   Women's Basketball-dsc_3789-2-1.jpg   Women's Basketball-dsc_3830-2-1.jpg  

Women's Basketball-dsc_3867-2-1-8.jpg   Women's Basketball-dsc_4026-2-1-8.jpg   Women's Basketball-dsc_4043-3-1000.jpg   Women's Basketball-dsc_4021-2c-1000.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Women's Basketball

Great shots, Larry! As I view these I'm drooling at the thought of the local basketball season getting underway in the very near future. I can hardly wait to park myself behind the baseline in the vicinity of the net and shoot the guys charging in to make their layups and jump shots. Be still, my racing heart! I also like to capture dribbling shots such as you have done here several times to good effect. I'm having trouble picking a favorite, but I'm leaning toward #3 where you've captured player #22 with both feet off the floor at the same time.

I can't help but notice the coach wearing the loudmouth pants. Is this the same guy who appeared in your photos last season wearing the outrageous outfits? If it's him he has at least toned down his act somewhat. While at the waist and below he is still displaying evidence of living in never-never land his apparel above the waist is respectable.

You don't say what you were using to shoot these. Can you supply some shooting data?

Bob

Re: Women's Basketball

I posted a couple of coaches last year in Loud Mouth apparel, but this is the guy that gets most of the attention. His name is Tom Hodges and he is in his second year as the head man at Morehead State University. His outfits got the MSU program some early national media attention last year. Several of these shots were used by the MSU Sports Media department on their web site. Here again I shot more horizontal images that I regularly do to accommodate their needs.

As for equipment it was my usual setup for Johnson Arena, D700 at 1/500 and f2.8 with an ISO of 3200 and the D7000 using the same settings. Depending on where I was shooting from I rotated the lenses between the two bodies using a 28-70mm f2.8 and my old reliable 80-200mm f2.8.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information