Whitewater Kayaking

Printable View

• 11-13-2009, 12:14 PM
    mitchbraun13
    1 Attachment(s)
    Whitewater Kayaking
    I nice little drop on a small creek in Wyoming. Haven't seen many whitewater pics around so I thought I would throw one in. Thanks for looking.
  • 11-13-2009, 12:15 PM
    BlueRob
    Re: Whitewater Kayaking
    Great shot! and that looks fuuuun!
  • 11-13-2009, 12:16 PM
    Photo-John
    Sweet - post more! I don't know if I remember seeing any whitewater kayak photos here. Are you a kayaker?
  • 11-13-2009, 12:43 PM
    mitchbraun13
    5 Attachment(s)
    I found a few more from last May in North Carolina and another from Wyoming. It's paddling time in the Southeast, but not here in the Rockies, so I won't have many new pics till the spring unless I get down to NC again. Thanks for looking! You all should try this great sport.
  • 11-13-2009, 01:02 PM
    Photo-John
    I dig the rhododendrons in the background! I would have been spending all my energy trying to make them a stronger background element in my photos if I was shooting there :D

That last one is sick! Is that an intentional backwards drop-in?

I did a little bit of kayaking in the early eighties, when I was a teenager. The gear and moves have changed. Personally, I'm not interested in doing it again. I have a few phobias and dying in a washing machine is one of them. For some reason, riding my bike and skiing near cliffs isn't nearly as big of a deal :)
  • 11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
    mitchbraun13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    That last one is sick! Is that an intentional backwards drop-in?
    For some reason, riding my bike and skiing near cliffs isn't nearly as big of a deal :)

Thats actually me in the red boat and it looks like I'm going in backwards but it a big weird hole/ wave I'm coming out of. The drop is above me. Neat little rapid! And to me paddling is great but it's all deadly! Deadly as in awesome.
  • 11-13-2009, 03:00 PM
    cm_mtb
    Awesome shots. I don't see many whitewater photos. Thanks for sharing!
  • 11-24-2009, 08:59 PM
    armando_m
    Great photos!

My jaws clench by looking at these, I did take kayaking lessons back in the early 90's , and I had a hard time, my jaw was soar for a week after those kayaking lessons.
  • 12-01-2009, 09:29 PM
    mn shutterbug
    Looks like a fun sport - to photograph. Cool shots.
  • 12-03-2009, 01:12 PM
    mitchbraun13
    Yeah, great sport to photograph. If you ever have a chance to go to a race or event do it, it's a blast.
  • 09-04-2014, 04:04 AM
    Jadmas
    These pictures are amazing!