• 11-22-2012, 07:34 AM
    Bob32
    9 Attachment(s)
    Volleyball: Final fling of 2012
    I had an end of the season opportunity to overdose on volleyball last Saturday, and I took advantage of it. The occasion was the volleyball championships for five high school divisions in northern California. The event was held in Red Bluff, California (site of the famous Red Bluff Roundup rodeo). This was an all-day event with the first contest held at 11 AM and the concluding one at 7 PM. I shot all five matches. Seven of the ten teams participating I had not seen previously.

Instead of making a separate post of photos for each of the five contests I have decided to make one post to include nine of my favorite shots taken that day with at least one photo selected from each of the five competitions.

All photos were taken with D700 + 80-200 f/2.8. Exposure was manually set at 1/500, f/3.5, and ISO 6,400 or 1/500, f/4, and ISO 8000. The lighting system in this gym was definitely better than that found in most high school gyms.

Comments are welcome.

Bob
  • 11-22-2012, 07:46 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: Volleyball: Final fling of 2012
    Looks like great HS action Bob. Much higher skill level than I see on the HS level here. Wonderful way to end the VB season. Thanks for sharing your skills photographing VB with us this season.
  • 11-22-2012, 08:28 AM
    Bob32
    Re: Volleyball: Final fling of 2012
    Thanks, Larry. Yes, it was a great way to conclude the volleyball season. Next on this sports photography odyssey is my first basketball game of the season this Friday. Fun, fun, fun! Will this party ever cease? I hope not!

Bob