Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Sunday Soccer

Sunday Soccer

A few from a match I shot on Sunday afternoon.Sunday Soccer-d3s_9271-2-1.jpgSunday Soccer-dsc_6576-3.jpgSunday Soccer-dsc_6696-2-1.jpgSunday Soccer-dsc_6743-2-1.jpgSunday Soccer-dsc_6773-2-1.jpgSunday Soccer-dsc_6918-2-1.jpg
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Sunday Soccer

Sunday Soccer-d3s_9425-2a-1.jpgTaking one for the team.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

These are really cool! Where are you standing while taking them? Are you right by the field? What kind of lens do you use and do you mind sharing your settings?

future Ansel Adams wannabe ... TJer's Avatar

Fantastic shots! Excellent timing. Assuming you used shot bursts, if not an even better accomplishment! Sports photography can be some of the most challenging shot opportunities.

Tim

Thanks for the looks and the comments. I am on the sidelines and I vary my position based on the game action. I shot Nikon and I am using both the 70-200 zoom and the 300 mm lens in these shots. With a day game with plenty of light I shot in aperture priority at about f5.6 on this day and will not let my shutter speed go below 1/500 by adjusting the ISO as light comes and goes.

Nikon Samurai #13

Great images!

Great work, Larry! That last one of the girl with the ball headed for her face made me laugh out loud

My favorite is the one of the two girls about to crack heads. That's kinda scary but it makes for a great photo.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thanks for the look and the comments John. Soccer has become one of my favorite sports to shoot, but then I say that about all of them now that I think about it.

Nikon Samurai #13

nice action shot

Nice stuff there Larry, as for action I would say #2 and #4 nailed it. Like PJ, the last one gave me a good smile. I got out an shot a little youth soccer this season to get a little practice. I am sure you heard, here in Indy we have a new Pro Soccer team The Indy 11. I am planning on making it to many of the home games to shoot maybe next year I will have something other than cars, motorcycles and bicycles to show.

Thanks for the look and the kind words. Soccer is about to windup here. Hope to get in a lot more next season. On to basketball.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thanks for the feature and just as a side note this team has won their conference championship and will play Wake Forest in the NCAA tournament this week.

Nikon Samurai #13

Hello! My first post. Great images! The players athleticism is apparent in these images.
    Mind if I ask which DSLR you used? You mentioned the lenses, I assume these were shot with your D700?
    I'm in the upgrade process and looking into used full frame Nikons for college level lacrosse. I would also like to know if you crop in PP. It's hard to get close with FF unless you have the $'s for the pro lenses.

Not sure which images were with which camera but I generally always shoot with two the D3s and D700. One is mounted on the monopod with the 300mm f2.8 the other I have on a sling strap with the 70-200 f2.8 VRII. I shoot in raw and every image I post has had some PP done to it that generally will always include a crop of some sort. Thanks for the interest in my images and the questions and comments.

Nikon Samurai #13

Awesome images!

@Old Timer, Nice Clicks, Good Work (Y)

Good photos I found here.

Nice Photo, i can found here, but i think you are using mobile to take on this photo not canon, because of graphic and color is not fresh and natural, if you wanna see more soccer photo check here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    A few from a match I shot on Sunday afternoon.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D3S_9271-2-1.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	92257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6576-3.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	92258Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6696-2-1.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	92259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6743-2-1.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	92260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6773-2-1.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	279.8 KB 
ID:	92261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_6918-2-1.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	92262
    Sunday Soccer-bong-danu-sea-game.jpg
    Sunday Soccer-bong-danu-sea-game-1.jpg
    Hello! , it's photo women soccer Sea games 2019 in Philippines. i Hope you like these photo. And also follow football live in sop cast

Thread Information