Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thanks, and a pic

Hey John,

Thanks for getting this sports forum together, as well as the digital SLR forum. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is a nice one, j. Since the wheel is chopped, you might think about just cropping it tighter and making it more about the rider's face. What kind of gear are you using? A long lens with a big aperture might have been nice for this. A shallower depth-of-field can really help isolate the rider.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    This is a nice one, j. Since the wheel is chopped, you might think about just cropping it tighter and making it more about the rider's face. What kind of gear are you using? A long lens with a big aperture might have been nice for this. A shallower depth-of-field can really help isolate the rider.
    This is from a Digital Rebel. I got it right when they came out. Honestly I haven't been all that wowed by anything I've produced yet... my pictures seem to lack the "pop" that I see in the work of others with the same body.

It may be that I haven't mastered unsharp mask yet... and also I have really cheapie lenses from an older film rebel. The one attached to this post is a bit better in terms of image quality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thanks, and a pic-106_0604.jpg  

Thread Information