San Jose Velodrome

Printable View

• 02-23-2014, 11:59 AM
    dl4449
    5 Attachment(s)
    San Jose Velodrome
    Went to the velodrome Sat Afternoon not a lot going on but Beth Newell was practicing for her trip to Colombia world championship. Man this type of shooting is hard. Really shows how much I DON’T know.
    The motorcycle is for her to have something to ride close to and for pacing. they will do 3 laps at one speed then some at a faster speed.
    Thanks for looking
    Any way any suggestion’s or comments will be appreciated.

Attachment 92779

Attachment 92780

Attachment 92781

Attachment 92782

Attachment 92783
  • 02-23-2014, 01:17 PM
    OldClicker
    Re: San Jose Velodrome
    Velodrome??? Ours still have a couple feet of snow on them!

Shooting a the track is tough for me also. I spent a few days trying to get something last summer and will try again this year.

Here are my attempts.

http://forums.photographyreview.com/...ome-83651.html

http://forums.photographyreview.com/...ing-83683.html
  • 02-24-2014, 04:52 PM
    dl4449
    Thanks Terry for commenting. Your thread is what got me thinking about Velodrome.
    They will start racing in April on Wed. And Fri. I will be retired by then and I can sharpen my skills (develop :wink:)
    Your shots are great
    Thanks again
  • 03-05-2014, 12:20 PM
    MotorToad
    I usually like to shoot motorcycles at the track, and I guess it's a little easier to get that sporty motion blur on the wheels when they're not moving their legs around. The one of her on the tail of the motorcycle looks great, though.

And greetings, fellow San Josian! =]
  • 03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
    dl4449
    Thanks Motor Toad for the comment I realize that they are not very good but thats how I will learn. :D

I would like to see some of your Motorcycle shots as that is one of my favorite things also.
    We have made the Sac Mile the last few years.
  • 03-07-2014, 01:21 PM
    MotorToad
    I intended to the the Mile last year but things got in the way. I got to Oakland for SX and I'll make Laguna for WSBK, but I'll miss Sonoma's AFM/semiAMA race in May. I've never been to a dirt track event, so I'm really wanting to see it.
  • 03-30-2014, 11:29 PM
    Gregavi
    I like the blurred wheels. Good job.