Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Swim Team

Swim Team

A couple from a swim meet this spring. I know the one is crooked, but other than that i thought it turned out ok. Any suggestions for improvement are appreciated.

Nikon N80, Sigma 28-105mm UCIII
    Kodak hd-400
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Swim Team-swimdive-640.jpg   Swim Team-swimdive2-640.jpg  
    Jared

"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure." - Abraham Lincoln

Where?

Was this a high school swim meet? Woodside High School? We're so close. At some point you, Loren, and I have to get together.

Timing looks great in these. They could sure use some color correction, though. I know that the light around a swimming pool takes on a strong cyan/green tone. But you don't have to leave your photos that way. Do a little levels color correction and add red and magenta to balance it out so that skin tones look a little better. Little things like that ca be the difference between an ok photo and a great photo.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

This was actually the CSM swim team.
    I suck at photoshoping that is why I dont do it very much. Heh.
    Jared

"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure." - Abraham Lincoln

Presentation Counts!

If you're serious about photography, and you use a digital camera or scan your film, Photoshop isn't really an option. If you want your photos to look good, yo've got to set them up right. Just getting the exposure and timing right isn't enough - unless you can pay someone to set them up for you.

CSM? That's five minutes up 92 from the office.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information