Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Second Ever Tennis Shoot

This one went a little better, due to weather, sun, and JS Photo's suggestion of getting on the court. Thanks JS--I managed to avoid getting hit.

Shooting Canon and loving it!

Re: Second Ever Tennis Shoot

John,

Why do most high school tennis players look like every other high school sport kicked them out? I tried to shoot tennis today, and I felt like I was shooting an eposide of "America's worst athletes inside a cage". Anyway, maybe thats a little harsh, they are out their trying...but common.

Re: Second Ever Tennis Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer
    John,

Why do most high school tennis players look like every other high school sport kicked them out? I tried to shoot tennis today, and I felt like I was shooting an eposide of "America's worst athletes inside a cage". Anyway, maybe thats a little harsh, they are out their trying...but common.
    hahahaha, thats a different way of looking at it I guess..... around here they start tennis young for the most part, but there are a few that seem to be on the teams just to fill empty slots.
    One school here in fact has the tennis courts available 24-7, even have lights that the people can turn on themselves. I have driven past and seen people playing at 11pm on a Sunday night!

John, nice job on the bottom one!

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Thread Information