Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

MSU vs East Illinois BB

I recently shot a an OVC girls/boys double header featuring my Morehead State University Eagles against East Illinois. Here are a few random images from the two games. All shot with the Nikon D3s at ISO 6400 at 1/640 and f2.8.

Not sure how this post look on your monitor but it's a mess on mine. ??? Still haven't figured out the new system here.

MSU vs East Illinois BB-dsc_0673-2-1000.jpgMSU vs East Illinois BB-dsc_0685-2-1000.jpgMSU vs East Illinois BB-dsc_0957-2-1000.jpgMSU vs East Illinois BB-dsc_1071-2-1000.jpgMSU vs East Illinois BB-dsc_1206-2-1000.jpgMSU vs East Illinois BB-dsc_1335-2-1000.jpgMSU vs East Illinois BB-dsc_1478-2-1000.jpg
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: MSU vs East Illinois BB

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    I recently shot a an OVC girls/boys double header featuring my Morehead State University Eagles against East Illinois. Here are a few random images from the two games. All shot with the Nikon D3s at ISO 6400 at 1/640 and f2.8.

Not sure how this post look on your monitor but it's a mess on mine. ??? Still haven't figured out the new system here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0673-2-1000.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	231.6 KB 
ID:	90962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0685-2-1000.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	90963Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0957-2-1000.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	286.6 KB 
ID:	90964Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1071-2-1000.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	90965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1206-2-1000.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	90966Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1335-2-1000.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	90967Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1478-2-1000.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	90968
    Larry,

I don't see the mess you refer to. They look fine to me taking into account that you prefer your images a bit darker than I do. My favorite is #4. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I award extra points for an image where the runner/dribbler has both feet off the playing surface at the same time!

I'm having less trouble now with the new system although I still run into problems with the side-by-side grouping of photos that appear via the upload procedure. I wish that they would instead appear strung out in a single vertical column, so that it would not be necessary to go through the hassle of rearranging them. I sometimes lose an image when I do so and have to back up to retrieve it. I also like to number each photo and insert comments where appropriate. I'm OK now with that part of the post.

Having been born and raised in Illinois I had to look up Eastern Illinois to find out where it it located. It's in Charleston, Illinois which I never heard of before, but I learned that Charleston is not far from Mattoon, Illinois which I passed through in the family car many years ago on trips to southern Illinois where my dad grew up.

I've shot so many BB games lately that I'm backed up in the editing process, and I expect to add photos from two more games tonight and probably more on Saturday. It may be the baseball season before I finish editing my BB photos!

Bob

Re: MSU vs East Illinois BB

Thanks for the look and the comment Bob. As we have discussed in the past we each have a little different look in mind for or photos, In my opinion it doesn't make one right the other wrong just different in our taste. I may like strawberry ice cream better than chocolate doesn't make all chocolate lovers wrong. Eastern Illinois is a new addition to the OVC from my days following it full time and to be honest with you I didn't know where it was either. Like you I do know Mattoon, I've been through there a few times and even had some in-laws that use to live there.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information