Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: More 'cross

NSSA/AIPS

More 'cross

Cause we can never have too much cyclocross...
    Highlights of the '13 Utah Cyclocross season.. in no order what so ever.

Cross Relay chaos... One bike, five riders, each does a lap then hands off....

Sand is a killer

It's not about the camera....

Re: More 'cross

Nice, Chris! Thanks for posting. My favorite is the one of the big dude in the sand. The background in the last is really nice, too. Which venue did you take that one at?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Nice.

I hope you get my MTB humor on cyclo cross. I never understood why you would do that when the right bike and clothing would let you jump instead of walk or carry your bike as well as wear same clothing to the bar or grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by bitflogger View Post
    Nice.
    I never understood why you would do that when the right bike and clothing would let you jump instead of walk or carry your bike as well as wear same clothing to the bar or grocery store.

I think any kind of bike is allowed, at least at the amateur events and the ones who win are always on 'cross bikes. So there's that.
    Also, some folks are skilled enough to jump the barriers on cross bikes, so there's that too!

To the OP, great shots. I really like the action of that first one. Fun photo!

Nice.

I hope you get my MTB humor on cyclo cross. I never understood why you would do that when the right bike and clothing would let you jump instead of walk or carry your bike as well as wear same clothing to the bar or grocery store.
    Maybe you know this, but cyclocross is a road discipline and not a mountain bike discipline. It started as a way for roadracers in Europe to stay fit through the winter. The reason the barriers and run ups exist was to force the riders to get off their bikes and run so their feet wouldn't freeze. Also, mountain bikes are way too slow on CX racecourses. If you want to be competitive, you have to be on a rigid bike with skinny tires. As for jumping the barriers - the best racers can
    Photo-John

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Maybe you know this, but cyclocross is a road discipline and not a mountain bike discipline. It started as a way for roadracers in Europe to stay fit through the winter. The reason the barriers and run ups exist was to force the riders to get off their bikes and run so their feet wouldn't freeze. Also, mountain bikes are way too slow on CX racecourses. If you want to be competitive, you have to be on a rigid bike with skinny tires. As for jumping the barriers - the best racers can
    Hi,

I know about the sports and was explicit saying get my humor. I sit in the middle of it all because I'm a board member in an IMBA chapter, bike park manager, and director at a private ski club with trails. Basically in the middle of those who shop at spandex.com and those who wear Vans regardless of sport or season.

From somebody in my bike posse:

Again, great shots and I always like bike stuff.

NSSA/AIPS

The last one is Draper in the horse arena.
    It's not about the camera....

Chris in action - sort of.

I've been arriving too late to get any photos of Chris racing. But I did take this picture of him loitering at the races, a couple of weeks ago. Jenni is racing again this weekend so I've got to be there early. Maybe I can get a photo of Chris actually on his bike

More 'cross-_dsc0022_1200.jpg
    Photo-John

Nice shots

I finally watched that video, bitflogger. Thanks for that. It's fun. I especially like the low angle bits and the shots from above. Needs some mud and snow, though
    Photo-John

love that the crack in the road is the finish line... ha!

Hi,

I know about the sports and was explicit saying get my humor. I sit in the middle of it all because I'm a board member in an IMBA chapter, bike park manager, and director at a private ski club with trails. Basically in the middle of those who shop at spandex.com and those who wear Vans regardless of sport or season.

From somebody in my bike posse:

Again, great shots and I always like bike stuff.

love the shots mate ! keep up the good work

Thread Information