Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Nikon 1 AW1 Cyclocross AF Testing

I have the Nikon 1 AW1 for review right now. It's the world's first rugged, waterproof interchangeable lens digital camera and I think it's pretty exciting. From previous experience with Nikon's mirrorless cameras, my expectations for the AW1 are pretty high - at least for the auto focus. A couple of weeks ago I took it to a local cyclocross race as it didn't let me down.

Nikon 1 AW1 Cyclocross AF Testing-dsc0058_1200.jpg

Nikon 1 AW1 Cyclocross AF Testing-dsc0070_1200.jpg

As you can see, the auto focus is excellent. And these are taken from sequences shot RAW at 15 FPS where they were pretty much all perfect. I need to shoot more action with the AW1 but my initial tests are very positive.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Nikon 1 AW1 Cyclocross AF Testing

Nice.

That camera really caught my attention and I'll keep eyes on the product line.

For now I'm very happy with my decision to get another Canon body and lens at same time redeeming airline miles for a lesser waterproof camera. I was not so sure about letting my 4th - 7th grade kids go with a $1000 camera among a few thoughts.

I am looking forward to a final report, and guess there will be a day soon when something smaller like this can replace what I have with my full-sized SLR system. Not meaning no need for a bigger sensor but a lot of choices in system items.

Thanks.

Re: Nikon 1 AW1 Cyclocross AF Testing

as a BC living outdoorsman, anything that is weather safe is good

Thread Information