Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Men's Tennis

Men's Tennis

A few from a match I shot this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Men's Tennis-d3s_4974-2-10.jpg   Men's Tennis-d3s_5012-3-10.jpg   Men's Tennis-d3s_5023-2-10.jpg   Men's Tennis-d3s_5115-3-10.jpg   Men's Tennis-d3s_5221-4-10.jpg  

Men's Tennis-d3s_5312-2-10.jpg   Men's Tennis-d3s_5355-2-10.jpg   Men's Tennis-d3s_5400-4-10.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Men's Tennis

Nice work, Old Timer. That second to last one is great! Have you shot tennis before? I'm wondering what the special challenges might be. I've never shot it and I know every sport has it's own particular set of problems. This certainly doesn't have the lighting issues that basketball does
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

First ime ever shooting tennis. The biggest challenge to me was the timing as in almost all sports.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    First ime ever shooting tennis. The biggest challenge to me was the timing as in almost all sports.
    Are you a tennis player? I know it makes a big difference if you actually participate in the sport because it gives you a better understanding of the timing and allows you to better predict the action.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

PJ , in my thirties I tried my hand at playing a little and watched a lot on TV back then, but for the last several years no tennis at all. The university contacted me about getting some pics for them and I figured it was a great opportunity to get reacquainted with the game.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information