Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Long time no post ... F1 again

I've been battling with redundancy, mentally beating myself for buying the A2 intead of selling the A1 and buying a DSLR as the prices come down, and fighting the A2 to an honourable draw for motorsport photos.

However, I have got a few that I think are worthy, and more that are not (as usual).

#1 I know it's cluttered, but that's part of what I wanted, the driver surrounded by the technology. The yellow blur on the left is his engineer, and they were on the radio at the time. That's why I like the expression framed in the helmet. WIthotu the engineer I could crop it of course, but you can't see who he's talking to.

#2 Not quite what I had in mind, because the helmet isn't in the centre, or at 1/3. Can this one be saved, or is it trash?

#3 I have this problem, using the centre focus point I tend to put the subject too near the centre and then chop off feet, ankles, shins, whole legs even! Can this be recovered, or do I have to write it off to not learning to avoid what I know I do wrong?

#4 Just couldn't resist this! I was talking to the club Jordan organiser and saw out of the corner of my eye one the mechanics lifting up his daughter over the barrier. I just said "excuse me, I can't miss this" and snapped 4 shots. This is the best, It'll be on the way to their family.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long time no post ... F1 again-pict3854.jpg   Long time no post ... F1 again-pict3746.jpg   Long time no post ... F1 again-pict3905.jpg   Long time no post ... F1 again-pict4015.jpg  
    Last edited by SmartWombat; 06-13-2004 at 12:25 PM. Reason: error 'Unterminated string constant' while uploading photos
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information