Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

A Little Class A Ball

From a resent Lexington game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Little Class A Ball-dsc_9085-2.jpg   A Little Class A Ball-dsc_9097-2-1000.jpg   A Little Class A Ball-dsc_9101-2-1000.jpg   A Little Class A Ball-dsc_9136-2-1000.jpg   A Little Class A Ball-dsc_9193-1000.jpg  

A Little Class A Ball-dsc_9065-2-1000.jpg   A Little Class A Ball-dsc_9220-2-1000.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: A Little Class A Ball

Great job, i love the last picture!
    Canon 7D
    Canon 5D mark III
    300mm zoom
    70-200 mm F/2.8 L
    17-40 mm F/4L
    17-55mm F/2.8

Thanks, Lexington always puts on a good show and it's a great family atmosphere. We took three small boys and they had a ball.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Which telephoto lens were you using Old Timer?
    Steve

Nice. I really want to find a college team nearby. My junior college team was one of the best in the state and the games were free, nothing quite like free baseball when the home team usually wins!

This was an outing to the ball park when we took three grandsons ages 7 to 5. Needless to say I traveled light with the D7000 and one lens the Nikor 28-300mm VR. Although not the quality of my prime 300mm I was pleased with the results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Little Class A Ball-dsc_9027-2-1000.jpg   A Little Class A Ball-dsc_9023-3-8x10-1000.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

OT, you have some really nice shots here and the 28-300 looks like it does a pretty good job. Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jeff. I find myself using the 24-120mm VR and the 28-300mm VR more and more and leaving the heavy f2.8 lens in the bag.

Nikon Samurai #13

The 300mm F2.8 is a heavy lens to haul around. Plus you'll need a tripod or at least a monopod. It looks like the 28-300mm is treating you good old timer!
    Steve

I like the wide shot with the clouds. The colors look great!
    Steve

Steve thanks for the comments. I usually have the 300mm f2.8 on a monopod, your right it is a load to have on your shoulder through full game.

Nikon Samurai #13

28-300mm Nikkor!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Thanks Jeff. I find myself using the 24-120mm VR and the 28-300mm VR more and more and leaving the heavy f2.8 lens in the bag.
    I love the 28-300mm VR! I thought the image quality was very good and the versatility more than outweighs the compromise in a lot of situations - especially something like a ball game where you want to shoot the people around you, the whole stadium and some tight action. Please write a review for your 28-300mm!

I love that photo of the ball field with the storm rolling in. That's an iconic Americana image if I ever saw one. The action photos in this thread are pretty good. But to me, that wide shot is a beautiful snapshot of a great summer evening in the US. Nice work
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Congrats very nice shots specially the last one Larry...
    Some like to criticize and accept criticism… Some like to criticize but don’t like to be criticized...

Thread Information