• 04-14-2013, 04:18 PM
    mattbikeboy
    10 Attachment(s)
    Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...
    I spent most of Saturday shooting the Las Vegas Elementary Cheer Competition. It was amazing how good some of these little elementary school girls team were, and super cute too. I was contacted by the organizer to shoot and sell the team photos for the contest. Then I was asked if I could shoot some of the competition itself (instead of donating to the program). I think the organizer saw that most of the teams have already done team photos this year and weren't very interested in official team photos.

Hopefully the competition shots will rescue a poor sales day. I ended up only shooting four teams and only about half of those girls individual photos and maybe selling $300 dollars worth. And I just picked up a cool new Mitsubishi Dye-Sub printer and was hoping it would pay for itself in one day.

The venue was really fairly nice in a new community center in the ghetto in Las Vegas. It even had relatively good lighting, better than most of the local high schools anyway.

Attachment 91429 How about some attitude.
    Attachment 91430Large teams of up to 50 girls.
    Attachment 91431Some nice lifts from little girls.
    Attachment 91432Winners in the Morning Round.
    Attachment 91433These girls were about as loud as a rock concert!
    Attachment 91434The coveted prize.
    Attachment 91435A token boy mascot, only two out of the 15 teams and hundreds of little girls.
    Attachment 91436Winning routine from the afternoon competition.
    Attachment 91437A jump-off for a summer camp scholarship.
    Attachment 91438The big winners from the day.

MBB