Inspiring marathon runner

Printable View

• 06-03-2013, 04:10 PM
    JETA
    1 Attachment(s)
    Inspiring marathon runner
    I've been hired out by a company for a few years now who shoots marathons. The beauty of the job is I shoot and never have to edit or look at a shot. Each race is 4-5 thousand photos so I love it. However, the downside is I miss some pretty neat stuff that I do shoot. This guy ran past me and I knew I was going to dig through the pics to find his shots. He was beyond inspiring to me.
  • 06-04-2013, 05:36 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: Inspiring marathon runner
    Wonderful Julie! Those kind of jobs are great for the wallet and don't require the long edit hours but we do miss out on getting to enjoy some of our work. I did a week long photo gig in the Eastern Kentucky mountains back in the film days for a government project. I just turned the film in at the end of the week, I still would like to see some of the one room school houses and poverty areas that I shot back then.
  • 06-06-2013, 11:09 AM
    mattbikeboy
    I have a gig like that too, I sometimes switch one of my bodies over to record to both slots (so I capture a few cool shots on my card for my own promotion).

mbb
  • 06-06-2013, 12:13 PM
    JETA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbikeboy View Post
    I have a gig like that too, I sometimes switch one of my bodies over to record to both slots (so I capture a few cool shots on my card for my own promotion).

mbb

I use my card so I get all copies back, but with all the teams I do have to do editing for it's too ominous to go through thousands of photos that I don't have to edit. Or maybe I'm just lazy. :D
  • 06-20-2013, 09:09 AM
    Photo-John
    Great subject and a very nice photo. I agree that he is a most worthy subject. I only wish you didn't put all the text on the image. I think it stands on its own and the text just makes it too busy for my taste. That kind of thing is fine for Facebook, in my opinion. But here I'd prefer to see images without text. I don't mind watermarks, as long as they aren't right through the middle of the image. But for serious photography, I think descriptions should be separate from the image.
  • 06-20-2013, 10:52 AM
    JETA
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Great subject and a very nice photo. I agree that he is a most worthy subject. I only wish you didn't put all the text on the image. I think it stands on its own and the text just makes it too busy for my taste. That kind of thing is fine for Facebook, in my opinion. But here I'd prefer to see images without text. I don't mind watermarks, as long as they aren't right through the middle of the image. But for serious photography, I think descriptions should be separate from the image.

I guess this is serious photography since I do get paid. :D

Better? Love C&C. TY!
    Attachment 91864
  • 06-20-2013, 11:51 AM
    Photo-John
    Yeah - I like this one a lot better. The photo definitely speaks for itself and doesn't need the text :)

I don't know if you noticed - it hasn't been updated on the forum index yet - but I chose this photo as the Featured Photo for the Sports Photography Forum. I just posted a short promo article and it will also be linked from Home page soon. I used your original version in the article but I think I'll update it with the new, textless version:

Featured Member Photos - June 20, 2013 >>

Thanks for sharing the photo. I agree that this is inspirational. I hope I'm still that active when I'm that age. My dad just turned 75 and he rides his bike almost every day. So there's hope :)
  • 06-20-2013, 09:31 PM
    JETA
    Thank you so much PJ! That's an honor!
  • 06-21-2013, 09:34 AM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JETA View Post
    Thank you so much PJ! That's an honor!

Well, thanks for sharing it. Without people sharing their work, we wouldn't have any Featured Photos :)