Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: HS Boys BBall

HS Boys BBall

A few shots from the small school section playoffs.. semi-finals.. two of the schools have attendance around 50 students total.

Fond du Lac is a Native American high school up here in Minnesota, not to be confused with the town in Wisconsin. They had a 12 point lead with 3 minutes left and blew it.. "Rez ball" as it's called, and I've played, they didn't know how to run the clock down at the end of the game. A huge crowd showed up to watch them play, then another huge crowd showed up to watch a sophomore who hit 2600 career points earlier this year play in the second semifinal. Only shot the 1st half of the second game, since I was covering the first for our weekly paper, and the daily's photo editor had the other.

4. If only I had the 24-70 lens I'm saving for, wouldn't have cut off his shoe

--

6. The super-sophomore... his brother starts and plays most of the game as an 8th grader

MORE photos

Happened way back on March 16th, so I'm a bit behind with tourney time.
    EOS 7D, Canon 24-70F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 (with or without 1.4 Extender), and posting photos on my website: viewthroughmylens.net

Smile Re: HS Boys BBall

Nice job, I like em'.
    Just think, 6-8 months from now and they'll be all "Tattoo'd" just like the Gang Bangers in the NBA...
    and I just can't get into those "Long-Baggie" shorts.
    But the shots are nice, keep up the good work.
    Roger

Re: HS Boys BBall

Always enjoy seeing your pictures. You do a great job. I am from Northern MN so have seen these guys play ball. They are good ball players.

Re: HS Boys BBall

That second shot is a real winner, love the action it shows.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information