Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Pikes Peak Hill Climb

I headed out to the Pikes Peak hill climb and, well, I messed up. I didn't get to see any rally cars run their runs (I went to the practice day) I did however get to see the moto's qualify and the quads too. Here is a shot, I will post more later

A bugger
    F**c, that's a sick looking beast. I'll never forget the classic video of Ari Vatanen blasting through the hillclimb in a 1000+ horsepower Peugeot..

I JUST watched that video. It was awesome!

Here is another shot from the qualifying

mjm
    that guy.
    2 nice shots...

where are the rest?

I am not very good at sitting down and scanning all the shots all at one time. So here is another batch.

mjm
    that guy.
    #1 & #3.. N I C E ! ! !

Very Cool

Too bad you missed the cars. But the bike photos are sweet. Gotta say that I am 100% anti-quad, though. If you're going to be outside sitting on it, it should have two wheels. Quads just seem like motos for lazy people to me

So you're scanning all these, huh? Nice scans! I'm so glad I don't have to scan all my images now. That's the worst part of shooting with film.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thanks guys!
    I am still scanning these slides. FILM RULES DIGI SUCKS Actually I am joking, I am about a week away from picking up my first digi camera...1D MKII I am pretty excited!!
    Although I will always have a space in my bag for some Velvia 100 and my film body!

I posted one of my shots of Pastrana on FM forums and now it is going to be in RacerX magazine!! I am very excited about that. I ended up hanging out with Travis for most of the day, he is definitely an awesome guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mjm
    #1 & #3.. N I C E ! ! !

Thanks!! ALthough I am not sure which are 1 and 3 with the upsidedown posting, which are you refering too.

mjm
    that guy.

A bugger
    Yeah, I gotta say I just hate scanning and cloning all the dust and **** from the films. And storing film is a pain in the arse, especially as I'm not very organized and end up with piles of film strips on my desk collecting dust...

Quote Originally Posted by Ouvinen
    Yeah, I gotta say I just hate scanning and cloning all the dust and **** from the films. And storing film is a pain in the arse, especially as I'm not very organized and end up with piles of film strips on my desk collecting dust...

I don't have to to much clone work, in fact these shots I only adjusted Levels and added just a little saturation. As long as I get them from the container to the sleeves pretty quick then I don't have to worry about the dust.

I do dislike the scanning though. I discourages me from scanning them all so I can check them out.

A bugger
    Yeah but when you have to scan some old ones and you first find them from wherever they've been tucked away, and then scan them in a hurry when someone wants to buy some specific old shot you've got on your website.. Damn I hate that...as I said, I'm not very organized..

Thread Information