Hang Time

Printable View

• 12-14-2013, 11:22 AM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hang Time
    This is an image from a game earlier this week that I decided to have a little fun with.
  • 12-16-2013, 12:13 PM
    dhyravy
    Re: Hang Time
    Nice one! I like the sepia on this. (at least it looks like sepia on my Mac) I really need to step back from the "corporate" sports shots that I do all the time and play more. Bravo Larry!
  • 12-17-2013, 10:16 AM
    Old Timer
    Thanks Daniel. I don't do this often but I enjoy punching up and image every once in a while.
  • 12-17-2013, 11:47 AM
    Photo-John
    I like what you've done here, Larry. It gives this image an iconic, nostalgic feel. I don't think it would be an appropriate treatment to use all the time. But for a one-off image that isn't meant for sports coverage, I think it's great.

A couple of slight criticisms - the composition feels a bit tight to me. He could use a little breathing room. Plus, since you titled it, "Hang Time," I really wish I could see how high off the floor he is.

Thanks for sharing this :)
  • 12-18-2013, 09:29 AM
    Old Timer
    Thanks John, yes I tend to crop a little tight most of the time, just hate to have things in the frame that don't add to the image in some way. The frame I threw around this one at the last minute did crowd it a bit.