Grand-Am Season Finales

Printable View

• 11-26-2012, 10:30 PM
    megan
    10 Attachment(s)
    Grand-Am Season Finales
    A lot has happened since September such as a bad and lingering flu, then my laptop going kaput... but I have finally found time to go through my shots from September 29 at Lime Rock. I decided to take their Motorsports Workshop to try my hand a shooting racing other than dirt track/oval races. This day long workshop was in the form of an assignment in order to learn how to completely cover an event for a potential client. It was definitely a challenge to cover everything at a 1.5 mile track instead of a local 1/2 mile oval - and instead of a jovial jockeying for shots with 2 or 3 other pros, there were many shooters there, both still and television. Yet I had a great day. Nikon was there lending equipment, so I borrowed a D-7000 body with a 70-300. After the morning races, I was really unhappy with my shots - then in the final race I got really bored. Then I realized that this was good; I had exhausted myself of the standard shots, was able to let go of some rigidity, then had a lot of fun with the rest of the shots. Here are some of the shots I feel good about! Thanks for looking. (This set all shot using my Olympus E-3 and E-5.)

PS Two days later in NYC, I shot the FXDD team in NYC in front of the sponsor's building.. They won the drivers and team championships in GT, and one photo I took of the drivers with the car was was bought and featured in the Toronto Star's Wheels section.
  • 11-26-2012, 10:35 PM
    megan
    6 Attachment(s)
    Re: Grand-Am Season Finales, 2nd set
    Set 2 - all were shot with the Nikon D-7000, except for the first, shot with my Olympus E-5.
  • 11-27-2012, 08:50 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: Grand-Am Season Finales
    Nice stuff Megan. I've never had a the opportunity to photograph a road race, looks like you made yourself right at home here. I have a D7000 and it would not be my first choice of Nikons to shot this type action, but it looks like you did a very creditable job with it.
  • 11-27-2012, 09:07 AM
    megan
    Thank you! They gave me the D7000 because the only extra card I had was an SD card. All of my CF cards were for my Olympii (?!) but all worked out well!
  • 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM
    Jimmy B
    Outstanding work Megan! Next to the last shot is a winner.

Jimmy B