Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Womens College basketball: Home team romp

The local Butte College Roadrunners recently enjoyed their best game of the season in an easy win over their Napa Valley College opponents. By halftime the Roadrunners had compiled a 35-21 lead which gave them enough points for the victory with the eventual score ending up in Butte's favor at 61-33.

All shots were taken with D700 + 80-200 f/2.8 at 1/500, f/2.8, and ISO 5000.

Comments are welcome.

Bob

Womens College basketball: Home team romp-7rb_4664_2.jpg

Womens College basketball: Home team romp-7rb_4676_2.jpg

3. Player #2 led the Roadrunners with 14 points.
    Womens College basketball: Home team romp-7rb_4638_2.jpg

Womens College basketball: Home team romp-7rb_4722_2.jpg

5. This injured Napa Valley player was OK after resting on the floor for a short time.
    Womens College basketball: Home team romp-7rb_4807_2.jpg

Womens College basketball: Home team romp-7rb_4787_2.jpg

7. Player #14 had 9 points for Butte.
    Womens College basketball: Home team romp-7rb_4767_2.jpg

Re: Womens College basketball: Home team romp

Nice shots
    definitely caught the emotion and physicality of the game

Quote Originally Posted by f86sabjf View Post
    Nice shots
    definitely caught the emotion and physicality of the game
    f86sabjf,

Thanks much for your comment. It was a rather one-sided contest, but I'm grateful that I was able to come away with a few keepers. I'm developing an increasing appreciation of close-up shots of the action.

Bob

I like the tight action shots Bob, you caught a lot of the emotion of the game. The 70-200 works well on the baseline for those kinds of shots on a full fram camera.
    Keep up the good work. Always enjoy seeing them.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    I like the tight action shots Bob, you caught a lot of the emotion of the game. The 70-200 works well on the baseline for those kinds of shots on a full fram camera.
    Keep up the good work. Always enjoy seeing them.
    Thanks, Larry.

For the record it's an 80-200 f/2.8 that I am using. It's the 2-ring screw-focus model that Nikon came out with in 1997 and which continues in the Nikon catalog today. It's great for those of us who can't justify the cost of the pricey current AF-S 70-200 VR versions. It's also lighter. I like it a lot, and it's great for the tight shots of the action when standing behind the baseline where I usually have the zoom at the 80 mm. setting. I used my 24-85 for half of the game, but all of the best shots were taken with the 80-200.

Bob

Sorry for the mistake Bob. I have owned an 80-200 f2.8 since 2004 and it has been a work horse for me. I just recently added the 70-200 f2.8 VR II to my stable and am loving the results. But you are right it is much heaver.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

It was always difficult for me to write an essay, since I am not a very good student, but this website always helped me to get a good grade at the university, on one site all the reviews about the best essay writing services are collected. I am happy to help you. It is important when we students can help drush friends. Moreover, sport takes a very large amount of time and it is not always possible to find opportunities to just learn. And yes you definitely need to read it review phdify

Basketball was my favourite game during college and I tried to play it a lot. But I couldn't. I mean I had too many assignments to complete which I spent most of my free time on. It was hell. Thankfully, today students have many ways to solve this problem. For instance, uni assignment help is what students can rely on when they get stuck.

Thread Information