• 07-18-2010, 08:10 PM
    Jaedon
    5 Attachment(s)
    Fun stuff when you get it right - NASCAR Canadian Tire series at the Toronto Indy
    Had some fun over the weekend. Got to shoot some really nice racing over Friday and Saturday and today was a rest day. Shooting in the Paddock and relaxing with my son in the vendor area. Here are my top 5 fun panning shots from the NASCAR guys:
  • 07-18-2010, 08:54 PM
    armando_m
    Re: Fun stuff when you get it right - NASCAR Canadian Tire series at the Toronto Indy
    really awesome shots!!
    well done
  • 07-19-2010, 09:04 AM
    Jaedon
    Re: Fun stuff when you get it right - NASCAR Canadian Tire series at the Toronto Indy
    Thanks Armando. It has taken me a while to learn panning properly but I must say I was impressed with my skills this time around.
  • 07-19-2010, 11:26 AM
    SmartWombat
    You've got some really good ones there.
    When you get down to 1/50 suspension movement on the bumps, and changes in distance from the camera begin to blur parts of the car, if you can push it to lower shutter speed you can get blur on the front and rear of the car - and still with luck (and smooth track!) keep the one spot on the car you're following sharp.
    Takes more practice, but what doesn't?
  • 07-19-2010, 02:13 PM
    Homer
    Great job on these.

Jim
  • 07-19-2010, 05:33 PM
    Rivman
    . . . good ones Jay, offhand I'd say you nailed it ! :thumbsup:
  • 07-20-2010, 07:13 AM
    Jaedon
    Thanks everyone.

@SW - I have a few shots that were begining to look as you described... but I missed the panning speed. Anything I shot below 1/50th looked neat but still was not yet up to my standards for letting other people see them =) I'm getting there.. mostly thanks to the critiques and advice from this site
  • 07-29-2010, 05:00 AM
    shootme
    Super series and colours, lovely panning work, congrats on the feature.