Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Flush!

Flush!

First exhibition game of the season for Morehead Sate University and new head coach Sean Woods. They hope to get lots more flushes like this one this season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flush!-dsc_0182-2-1000.jpg   Flush!-dsc_0183-2-1000.jpg   Flush!-dsc_0184-2-1000.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Flush!

Bob32 pretty well said it in his post about his images. We have changed here on PR Sports forum.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Larry,

So now is it mostly lookers with minimal replies?

I'm eagerly awaiting the start of the basketball season as I view your shots of the player making a dunk shot and hanging on to the rim afterward. I'm always thrilled when I occasionally manage to capture one of those plays. Great action shots, although on my monitor it looks like they are a bit on the dark side and would have benefited from a bit more exposure either at the scene or via later editing.

Bob

Thanks for the look and the comments Bob. I think you are right in that we are getting a lot more lookers and fewer contributors. A few years ago we were a hot bed for sports pics but many of the regulars seemed to have drifted off. As to the images being dark that is the way I choose to process them to try and keep the look real and over processed. Just a personal preference type of thing.

Nikon Samurai #13

Great shots!

Nice stuff Larry! Glad to see a fellow Nikon user showing the quality of the monkey behind the "nice camera". :-)
    Daniel - PixElite Photography

http://www.pixelitephotography.com
    http://www.actionphototips.com
    http://www.maxpreps.com
    I use Nikon Professional gear.

Quote Originally Posted by dhyravy View Post
    Nice stuff Larry! Glad to see a fellow Nikon user showing the quality of the monkey behind the "nice camera". :-)

Good to hear from you Daniel. It's getting close to HS basketball time hope to see some Western Kentucky action from you. I do love the D700 but am coveting a D3s more and more these days. I'll be shooting more basketball Sunday afternoon, but it's the finals of the OVC volleyball tournament tonight for me.

Nikon Samurai #13

kgwebmedia.com

Havent covered basketball in a long time...its a very hard sport to cover but I find it easier than volleyball over time
    Konstandinos Goumenidis
    Sports Photographer
    http://kgwebmedia.com

Basketball is the easiest for me to cover because I know the game well and can anticipate the action. College volleyball is the toughest for me, fast action and I just don't know the game strategies well enough.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information