Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Soccer shots!

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Soccer shots!

Here are some shots I got from my bro-in-laws soccer tourny a few weeks ago. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more on saturday. Enjoy and comments welcome! All shot with either my D1H or D1, and either my Sigma 120-400 or my Sigma 70-200
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soccer shots!-2005-09-3_28.jpg   Soccer shots!-2005-09-04_36.jpg   Soccer shots!-2005-09-04_54-4x6.jpg   Soccer shots!-2005-09-06_24.jpg  

Re: Soccer shots!

And one more. GGGOOOAAAALLLLL! off of a penalty shot. I actually got a pretty good sequence of the goalie coming off his line all till the ball goes in the net.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soccer shots!-2005-09-06_42.jpg  

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

Not bad. Some of the images need a little photoshoping such as levels and color adjustment.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

The best shot is the goal, a few need PS as masdog stated but I think a couple could be cropped a bit too. Sounds like you are more than a casual shooter though with your gear you listed.
    I'll have more comments suggestions after work tonight... gotta get the gear ready for work now
    JS

Talking Re: Soccer shots!

Thanks! Most of these shots are straight off the camera, but cropped/sharpened a little bit. What I really need to do is calibrate my moniter to get my colors correct. I am actually started school last semester as a photography major. Finally figured out what I'd like to do to earn a few bucks. Hopefully I'll get more good ones this weekend. That and hopefully get some good enough ones the parents would buy

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

if you're shooting for parents, just hold that shutter button down. parents will like any shot with their kid in it or not. Whether the kid is just dribbling down the field, kicking the ball, or whatever. Work on getting faces though. Personally, I never pick a shot unless it has faces in it. A lot of the time I don't even shoot until the players turn my way. It makes everything much more interesting. Also, your horizons are a bit off, and the shots could use a levels correction. Once they are run through PS, like someone else said, they will look much better.

Thread Information