Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Bobsled

Bobsled

I have been kind of quite lately, but here is one I shot last weekend at the Utah Olympic Sports Park in Park City, Utah. Let me know what you think.

Bobsled-img_4090.jpg

Cool!

Haven't seen you here in quite a while, Josh - welcome back!

I'm not sure how many bobsled photos we've had here. This is certainly the only one I can remember. I think this looks pretty good. It looks a hair soft to me, like maybe there was probably just a tiny bit of motion blur. Sometimes that's just one of those things you have learn from experience when you shoot a new subject. What was your shutter speed?

I also wish I could see the second guy. It feels a little messy with the two bodies - plus, I know there's a second guy back there that's part of the action. I feel like something is missing since I know he's there.

Got any more from this shoot? I'd love to see more. And if you go up there to shoot again, please let me know. I've yet to shoot the bobsleds and it's an opportunity I shouldn't pass up.

Thanks for sharing - good to have you back
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Cool!

Thanks John! Yeah I haven't been doing a lot of photography lately, but I hope to post some that I have done over the past 6-8 months.

I looked at all of the pictures and this is the only one that has the motion blur on it. :-S I was shooting at f4 and 1/1000 with an ISO of 100. Because of where I was for this run, I didn't get too many of the second guy but I think I got a couple.

I will probably be heading up a week from Saturday to shoot again. I will let you know.

Re: Cool!

I have uploaded more and they are also looking kind of "soft" around the edges on here, but on my computer they look sharp. Do I need to be uploading the full res images?

Thread Information