Early Season HS Hoops

Printable View

• 12-05-2012, 08:32 AM
    dhyravy
    2 Attachment(s)
    Early Season HS Hoops
    Well, this wasn't the first game of the season, but I didn't get around to posting until now.:p Girls game last night and boys game tomorrow. I'm shooting a lot less D1 this year and enjoying the HS stuff. Much less demanding and we have good teams to cover here.
  • 12-05-2012, 09:08 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: Early Season HS Hoops
    Good to see your work again. I can second your statement about good HS basketball in your end of the state. Looking forward to seeing more as the season goes on. My local HS is playing in the Eastern KY Conference tournament right now and both girls and boys are winning through the second round. Could be a very good year for both the boys and girls.
  • 12-05-2012, 09:36 AM
    Bob32
    I'm glad to see that there is another basketball shooter around here. I was beginning to think that Larry and I were the last surviving species in this forum!

Bob
  • 12-06-2012, 11:34 AM
    Photo-John
    Those look pretty good, although they seem a bit warm/pink to me. Maybe you've done this in the past, but can you tell us about your gear and technique? It looks like maybe you're using some off-camera flash?
  • 12-07-2012, 07:14 AM
    SmartWombat
    Are you using dual flashes?
    The second shot retains more detail in the white shorts.
    Did you get blitzed by someone else's flash in the first shot?
  • 12-07-2012, 01:12 PM
    dhyravy
    Paul,
    I'm shooting these for MaxPreps so I'm using 2 manual hotshoe flashes (Sunpak 383s) fired with Elinchrom triggers. I cross light one end of the court at 1/2 power. The camera is at ISO800, 1/250 shutter, f3.5, center focus point, and center weighted metering. I also set a custom WB with the strobes. Since I expose for the faces, I'm not overly concerned with some blowout of the white uniforms.
  • 12-08-2012, 09:37 AM
    SmartWombat
    So depending where they are on the court, they will get different illumination as they are closer to one flash than the other. that would explain the difference between the two shots.