Diamond Dandies

Printable View

• 04-16-2008, 10:31 AM
    Old Timer
    5 Attachment(s)
    Diamond Dandies
    OK I was just looking for a catchy title for the thread. I know they aren't great, but I did finally get to shoot a baseball game yesterday. What I found was it had been way to long since I last did it. Timing was off and I struggled with getting things framed just how I wanted them a few times. But anyway here are a few from yesterdays 5 to 4 ten inning high school game.
  • 04-16-2008, 10:36 AM
    JETA
    Re: Diamond Dandies
    Your timing is WHAT? You better not have said off.

UM, WOWOWOWOWOW! Beautiful shots, clarity and action.

These ARE great!
  • 04-16-2008, 10:41 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JETA
    Your timing is WHAT? You better not have said off.

UM, WOWOWOWOWOW! Beautiful shots, clarity and action.

These ARE great!

Thanks for the kind assessment JETA, but I truly did struggle yesterday. I basically took the winter off from shooting sports mainly because of the very poor conditions at the local venue. So it seems to be taking a bit longer to get the touch back.
  • 04-16-2008, 11:00 AM
    BFiredup
    Awesome shots.......I am with Jeta.....you haven't lost a thing....
  • 04-16-2008, 12:14 PM
    retroactiv
    I don't think you've lost it, in fact I think you did a great job. Those look like some hard throwing boys.
  • 04-16-2008, 01:55 PM
    SmartWombat
    I found my panning was way out on the first day at the track this year, lack of practice I'm sure, coupled with having to use the monopod with the 300mm.
  • 04-16-2008, 04:24 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    I found my panning was way out on the first day at the track this year, lack of practice I'm sure, coupled with having to use the monopod with the 300mm.

Why do the pro teams have a pre season? It's to get back in peak performance condition. We need the same thing. It only makes sense that your going to get sharper and the reflexes are going to get better after a little practice.
  • 04-17-2008, 12:40 PM
    Addies Granddaddy
    Larry,
    They're looking pretty good to me. I haven't shot baseball in nearly a year, so if you think you're out of practice.....:eek:
    I've got tickets to the Yankees/Tigers in Detroit next month. That should be interesting.
    John
  • 04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Addies Granddaddy
    Larry,
    They're looking pretty good to me. I haven't shot baseball in nearly a year, so if you think you're out of practice.....:eek:
    I've got tickets to the Yankees/Tigers in Detroit next month. That should be interesting.
    John

Thanks for the look and comment John. I miss your baseball photos get out there and find you a game to shoot.