Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Posted photos now much too small. What happened?

I posted seven photos here last night, and I notice they are much smaller than any photos I previously posted. This posting size is much too small, and I won't be posting any more photos on this website until the former posting size is re-established. I'm assuming that this has something to do with the extensive revisions that have just been made to the website.

Bob

After posting the above I discovered that somehow or another this website was being displayed on my monitor at a less-than-normal size. Once I adjusted it to normal size the photos also displayed in their normal size except for the last two photos which are still being displayed at less than normal size. These two photos are wide angle shots which are much wider than the 800 pixels previously allowed. However, I found that by double-clicking on these two photos they are then displayed at their normal size.
    Last edited by Bob32; 12-04-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Re: Posted photos now much too small. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob32 View Post
    After posting the above I discovered that somehow or another this website was being displayed on my monitor at a less-than-normal size. Once I adjusted it to normal size the photos also displayed in their normal size except for the last two photos which are still being displayed at less than normal size. These two photos are wide angle shots which are much wider than the 800 pixels previously allowed. However, I found that by double-clicking on these two photos they are then displayed at their normal size.
    Thanks for the comments on the forums upgrade, Bob. There's an announcement about the upgrade at the top of each forum index page and there's a discussion about the upgrade on the Site Feedback forum, where you can post any bugs you discover: Forum Upgrade Complete: Post Issues, Bugs, etc. Here

Your description of the photo behavior sounds correct. One of the changes in the upgrade is photos are automatically resized to fit the forums layout. However, they're also clickable so you can view them at the original size. We did that because when someone posted a large image it screwed up the forum format and sometimes you'd have to scroll way to the right to read posts. Now the post size stays the same but you can click on a photo to see it larger if you want. You can also view the forums at the small column (default) size or full screen - it's your choice.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Photo-John,

Thanks for the feedback. There are a couple of things I would like to see on this forum:

1. Enable photos to be numbered so that responders can more easily refer to specific photo(s).

2. Enable those who post photos to add accompanying comments to each photo.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob32 View Post
    Photo-John,

Thanks for the feedback. There are a couple of things I would like to see on this forum:

1. Enable photos to be numbered so that responders can more easily refer to specific photo(s).

2. Enable those who post photos to add accompanying comments to each photo.

Bob
    You can do this now (you could always do it with code).

Click the little Tree icon for 'Insert Image'.
    Find the files on your computer.
    Click Upload button.
    You get either thumbnail images or Attach code with brackets.
    You can add text between the images.
    Check result with Preview Post

Example:

Posted photos now much too small. What happened?-dsc00672_edited-9.jpg

You can add text anywhere.

Posted photos now much too small. What happened?-dsc09723-red-16x20.jpg

More text.

Posted photos now much too small. What happened?-dsc09731-red-11x14.jpg

And even more text.

Posted photos now much too small. What happened?-dsc09931.jpg

Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Terry,

Thanks for the information. It's interesting that this feedback should be coming to me from Mundelein, Illinois. I grew up about 20 miles from you in Fox Lake, Illinois. At his late date I can't recall any specific visits to Mundelein, but I made many trips to nearby Libertyville, mostly to attend movies at the Liberty theater located not far from the railroad depot. As kids we used to get on board the Milwaukee Road in Fox Lake and ride the train to Libertyville to catch the Saturday afternoon matinees starring Gene Autry, Hopalong Cassidy, and other cowboy stars of that long ago era.

Bob

Thread Information