Asa Late Models

Printable View

• 05-04-2008, 05:17 PM
    tufcat
    Asa Late Models
  • 05-05-2008, 01:32 PM
    Jimmy B
    Re: Asa Late Models
    Nice shots! The late models will all ways have a place in my heart! 500+ hp @ 2900 pounds fun race cars. I am sure they put on a good show.
    Jimmy B
  • 05-05-2008, 06:44 PM
    Lori11
    Great pics, I love the late model's too, the just look tough. The whole muscle car thing works for me lol
  • 05-06-2008, 06:22 AM
    Old Timer
    Nice job. I wish I had the opportunity to shot some auto racing, it's been way to long.
  • 05-06-2008, 05:40 PM
    tufcat
    Thanx for the replies...

Jimmy, they do put on a good show. The cars are similar to the Busch Series cars, but operate on a little lower budget. The track is a 3/4 mile oval, with easy (in and out) track access. Affordable too.

Lori, they do look tough. These are pretty serious race cars too. There are 3 (touring) late model (asphalt) classes that make stops in Lakeland (less than an hour from home). We are pretty lucky to have access to this level of racing at such a convenient location. There is also some (dirt) late model action down here (almost every Saturday) as well. I love late models.

OT, I spent several hours in the hot sun, taking several hundred photos, to get 30 or 40 decent shots. I post a few here and there to share, print a couple for my portfolio and won't make a dime for my efforts. But I sure did have fun. I hope to do it again next month when the Florida Super Late Model Series comes to Lakeland. I hope you get a chance to get to the races soon.