Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Apocalyptic ski snaps

It stormed here for a few days this week and I put in for yesterday off hoping to time it just right with a clearing storm powder day. It also had the possibility of being the last day of the Earth, so I figured skiing pow with my honey would be the way to go.
    It was pretty cold. -15 F at my house in the morning but warmer higher up due to inversion which is nice for skiing. The high at Monarch was +15. Brisk but tolerable as long as it didn't get too windy. The report said 5" new but as it turns out that all fell during the previous day so not much untracked but nice cold low moisture snow conditions.
    I didn't take a whole lot of photos because the day was more about just skiing and plus it was pretty rough on exposed fingers. But I had my K-5 and 18-135, my only sealed lens in my jacket (barely fits) and snapped a few as we enjoyed the day.

Happy solstice & apocalypse!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apocalyptic ski snaps-156251_4678859861994_1297650200_n.jpg  

Thread Information