Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...

I spent most of Saturday shooting the Las Vegas Elementary Cheer Competition. It was amazing how good some of these little elementary school girls team were, and super cute too. I was contacted by the organizer to shoot and sell the team photos for the contest. Then I was asked if I could shoot some of the competition itself (instead of donating to the program). I think the organizer saw that most of the teams have already done team photos this year and weren't very interested in official team photos.

Hopefully the competition shots will rescue a poor sales day. I ended up only shooting four teams and only about half of those girls individual photos and maybe selling $300 dollars worth. And I just picked up a cool new Mitsubishi Dye-Sub printer and was hoping it would pay for itself in one day.

The venue was really fairly nice in a new community center in the ghetto in Las Vegas. It even had relatively good lighting, better than most of the local high schools anyway.

Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...-cheer1.jpg How about some attitude.
    Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...-cheer2.jpgLarge teams of up to 50 girls.
    Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...-cheer3.jpgSome nice lifts from little girls.
    Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...-cheer4.jpgWinners in the Morning Round.
    Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...-cheer5.jpgThese girls were about as loud as a rock concert!
    Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...-cheer6.jpgThe coveted prize.
    Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...-cheer7.jpgA token boy mascot, only two out of the 15 teams and hundreds of little girls.
    Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...-cheer8.jpgWinning routine from the afternoon competition.
    Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...-cheer9.jpgA jump-off for a summer camp scholarship.
    Just to keep myself scrambling, now for something completely different...-cheer10.jpgThe big winners from the day.

MBB
    Last edited by mattbikeboy; 04-14-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Thread Information