Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

a99 DXO mark of 89

Well my guess wasn't to far of. The a99 scores 89 on DXO marks. Fifth highest. Some might be disappointed it's not as good as Nikons D800/600 but I am not going to complain. The a99 has more features that I like and I am not going to complain over four or five points.
    DxOMark - Measurement
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: a99 DXO mark of 89

The low score for the A99 seems to be mostly due to the high-ISO performance: Nikon D600 scores 2980 ISO and the A99 scores only 1555 ISO. We know that the viewing mirror takes 1/3 of the light coming through the lens so it never gets to the sensor but that still leaves quite a big difference.
    At least Sony have caught up with Nikon on other factors like dynamic range. They were way behind in the days of the A900 vs D3X.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

That's about what I expected - comparable to the other 35mm sensor cameras. When you add in the features - such as real Live View, flip out screen, no floppy mirror, EVF, fast video AF, all lenses stabilized, etc. - the A99 is clearly a superior camera for my needs. - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

On my monitor the color temps look slightly cool on the Sony and slightly warm on the Nikon, the Sony looks more accurate but there is more of a color deviation on its 12,800 esp in bg. I wonder if the noise processing effects color in this way. I assume these all had the same wb/hue set? Seems strange there is this difference in temp. In my opinion, the Sony 6400 is the winner here, and the Sony 12800 is the loser, Nikon stays in the middle on both. Not surprised tippy top ISO speed is slightly in Nikons favor. But, quite pedantic pixel peeping at that.
    aliiii

ok i agree with you

Thread Information